DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 pro and Zoom Question

I got a mav 2 pro and Ive recently bought a zoom gimbal. It has not arrived yet but as I have seen on some videos that swapping gimbal is quite simple... I believe I will use the pro the most, but there are some few moments that I wish I had a ZOOM

Yes there are times I wish it had a Zoom. I was disappointed when I found that it had no zoom at all.

I got a mav 2 pro and Ive recently bought a zoom gimbal. It has not arrived yet but as I have seen on some videos that swapping gimbal is quite simple... I believe I will use the pro the most, but there are some few moments that I wish I had a ZOOM

I have a bust mp2 so it maybe cheaper to get a zoom camera and do the swap which is simple, where have you got yours and how much ?

I have a bust mp2 so it maybe cheaper to get a zoom camera and do the swap which is simple, where have you got yours and how much ?
Walmart for $1222 but have to pay taxes. I just dont know where to buy them where i can easily return with no questions asked. Maybe Amazon after i decide what i want. I cant believe this site advertises for Gearbest...who would shop there?

I have the zoom, no regrets, and it's 24-96mm(4x zoom) in 1080p mode.

Advantages I have realized after having it:

1) 400 feet up, and at the edge of signal, just zoom in 4x, feels like u flew further.

2) Manually landing at my house, I stay up as high as possible on approach(noise) and zoom in when landing to nail target area.

3) When flying in a heavy snow fall or fog, the zoom helps.

4) watching a tennis game at the park at 400ft alt with 4x zoom, creates no disturbance ;)

5) when flying over lakes and rivers the zoom really helps to see whats under the water.

That's all I have for now.

I recently got the zoom camera for my pro 2. I love the zoom for every day use like checking for trespassers deer hunting or checking the drain on the **** on my lake or count cows! But the pro 2 camera makes a big difference when taking big pictures of large areas of land or mountains. That’s this old mans take!

I have the zoom, no regrets, and it's 24-96mm(4x zoom) in 1080p mode.

Advantages I have realized after having it:

1) 400 feet up, and at the edge of signal, just zoom in 4x, feels like u flew further.

2) Manually landing at my house, I stay up as high as possible on approach(noise) and zoom in when landing to nail target area.

3) When flying in a heavy snow fall or fog, the zoom helps.

4) watching a tennis game at the park at 400ft alt with 4x zoom, creates no disturbance ;)

5) when flying over lakes and rivers the zoom really helps to see whats under the water.

That's all I have for now.
Some very good points..thanks

Some very good points..thanks
I recently got the zoom camera for my pro 2. I love the zoom for every day use like checking for trespassers deer hunting or checking the drain on the **** on my lake or count cows! But the pro 2 camera makes a big difference when taking big pictures of large areas of land or mountains. That’s this old mans take!
Speaking of cows i did a little herding with a Mavic Air. But i was using a phone and could hardly see what i was doing...you can tell in the video. But look under David Overton on youtube. its only about 4 minutes long.
watch it in 1080 or the grass gets very blurry.

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum

how difficult/long is it to swap one camera with another? i plan on doing the same - to get a zoom one too, later on.

5 minute job
would that be an ok price for it?
US $262.4 20% OFF|New Original DJI Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom Gimbal Camera Replacement Mavic 2 Pro Sensor Camera Repair ervice Spare Parts -in Drone Accessories Kits from Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

an another Chinese shop, as it seems...

found one for $252 on the same site, ordered, so, will see what will happen. i saw there was a bunch of folks from US who ordered it too, so, hopefully it should be legit. cheapest one on amazon was in the $400+ range, so, it makes quite a difference.

Last edited:
Personally, I don't believe that is correct.

For video I found it was better. I could chase my brothers inspire and video it much easier with the zoom and I keep the zoom on drone. If I had to pick one camera for my use it would be the zoom. But when I go on a trip I’ll take both.The camera guys will love the 20mp camera and I love it too but I don’t know much about settings on this stuff. I’m an old country boy from S.C.

would that be an ok price for it?
US $262.4 20% OFF|New Original DJI Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom Gimbal Camera Replacement Mavic 2 Pro Sensor Camera Repair ervice Spare Parts -in Drone Accessories Kits from Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

an another Chinese shop, as it seems...

found one for $252 on the same site, ordered, so, will see what will happen. i saw there was a bunch of folks from US who ordered it too, so, hopefully it should be legit. cheapest one on amazon was in the $400+ range, so, it makes quite a difference.

Did you get your Zoom yet? Wondering if it was DJI OEM and how it worked for you.

so, i found this link:
Mavic 2 Pro vs Mavic 2 Zoom: Which One Should You Buy? - DJI Guides

and it says the zoom version has some feature that pro does not have - 'This brand new Super Resolution feature is just supported by the Mavic 2 Zoom. '.
is it becoming available automatically as you swap the gimbal unit?
I have both cameras. Started with the pro then added zoom. Think the zoom is camera I keep on drone. But for larger shots I will use pro camera! 20mp. Hard to beat. But zoom is more versatile and great for everything!

Reactions: bonzo and ff22
Reactions: 77ricco
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlafica