DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 pro and Zoom Question

I have a bust mp2 so it maybe cheaper to get a zoom camera and do the swap which is simple, where have you got yours and how much ?
Hi, sorry for the late reply, I bought both my mav2 pro and my gimbal in Brazil so the prices are a lot different because of our high taxes... I can tell you I paid for the zoom gimbal alone, roughly 1/5 of the price of my mav 2 pro with the fly more combo...

Reactions: Goldenmember1000
Glad it worked for you. How long did it take to get? Thanks
Dunno , about of 2 weeks. They ship via Europe, for some reason. Price went up now, i think, but still less than on ebay or local dealers. If you decide to try AliExpress - make sure to use PayPal with a credit card only. After payment use site message system to communicate with seller to confirm.

Dunno , about of 2 weeks. They ship via Europe, for some reason. Price went up now, i think, but still less than on ebay or local dealers. If you decide to try AliExpress - make sure to use PayPal with a credit card only. After payment use site message system to communicate with seller to confirm.

Ok thanks

Ok thanks
so, for what it`s worth - a shop i used sent it out on a second day after payment.
order is still alive in their system - here is what tracking did show - "My AliExpress > Order List >Track order"
i do not see europe track in there, so, not sure anymore, i messed up orders, i guess.
Store name: Shicong Camera Bag Factory Store

• Departed USPS Regional Facility
    2019-01-25 15:49:00 [SHREWSBURY MA DISTRIBUTION CENTER]

• Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
    2019-01-25 13:43:00 [SHREWSBURY MA DISTRIBUTION CENTER]

2019-01-25 10:03:00 [QUEENS NY DISTRIBUTION CENTER]

• In Transit to Next Facility
    2019-01-24 00:00:00

2019-01-23 21:17:00 [QUEENS NY DISTRIBUTION CENTER]

2019-01-23 20:12:00 [QUEENS NY DISTRIBUTION CENTER]

• Arrival at Sorting Center
    2019-01-23 02:54:00

• Processed Through Facility
    2019-01-17 06:57:00 [CHINA,SHENZHEN EMS]

• Posting
    2019-01-16 17:40:00

• Acceptance
    2019-01-16 17:40:00 [CHINA]

so, for what it`s worth - a shop i used sent it out on a second day after payment.
order is still alive in their system - here is what tracking did show - "My AliExpress > Order List >Track order"
i do not see europe track in there, so, not sure anymore, i messed up orders, i guess.
Store name: Shicong Camera Bag Factory Store

2019-01-25 15:49:00 [SHREWSBURY MA DISTRIBUTION CENTER]

2019-01-25 13:43:00 [SHREWSBURY MA DISTRIBUTION CENTER]

2019-01-25 10:03:00 [QUEENS NY DISTRIBUTION CENTER]

• In Transit to Next Facility
    2019-01-24 00:00:00

2019-01-23 21:17:00 [QUEENS NY DISTRIBUTION CENTER]

2019-01-23 20:12:00 [QUEENS NY DISTRIBUTION CENTER]

• Arrival at Sorting Center
    2019-01-23 02:54:00

• Processed Through Facility
    2019-01-17 06:57:00 [CHINA,SHENZHEN EMS]

• Posting
    2019-01-16 17:40:00

• Acceptance
    2019-01-16 17:40:00 [CHINA]
Wow 9 days is good.
Thanks

Not correct, it just changes the FOV in HQ, but you get a true 4k capture from the sensor and the quality is most definitely superior to the Zoom.

In good weather they are both great. I use the superresolution 48MP in Zoom and the pictures are nice. Maybe in low light the mavic2 Pro might be a little better. I am very happy with the zoom.

mavic 2 zoom flight test

Attachments

• PanoramicaC1.JPG
    9 MB · Views: 33
  • Vale_das_flores_2.jpg
    8.3 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Hi guys,
I am into photography and never have a drone before. I will get a M2P or a M2Z but as many others experienced I am not quite sure. Somehow I feel like to go for the zoom even though it has smaller sensor and my argument is that after dealing with 14-bit 36MP images taken with high quality prime lenses on a full frame body, still image quality of both pro and zoom will not satisfy me after all. Besides I will use this device mostly in nice sunny weather, meaning at low ISO. And I hardly ever print any image. I am totally confidant that video quality of both devices is more than enough to me. So I don't have much motivation to go for the pro, spending 200€ more and giving the zoom option away. Does it make sense, what do you think?

Reactions: ff22
Hi guys,
I am into photography and never have a drone before. I will get a M2P or a M2Z but as many others experienced I am not quite sure. Somehow I feel like to go for the zoom even though it has smaller sensor and my argument is that after dealing with 14-bit 36MP images taken with high quality prime lenses on a full frame body, still image quality of both pro and zoom will not satisfy me after all. Besides I will use this device mostly in nice sunny weather, meaning at low ISO. And I hardly ever print any image. I am totally confidant that video quality of both devices is more than enough to me. So I don't have much motivation to go for the pro, spending 200€ more and giving the zoom option away. Does it make sense, what do you think?

Over the years, I've reduced my camera load so hiking and cross-country skiing would not be burdened by heavy camera gear. The images are mostly for me, occasionally sharing dvd slide-shows I've created from the stills and short videos. So I made a similar decision about the choice between Pro and Zoom. How much was enough and would it matter all that much? I could save a few hundred dollars on an already somewhat extravagant drone purchase and get a zoom lens in the end. Would I suffer from the downgraded lens? I opted for the Zoom. There are some excellent examples of Zoom footage posted on the DJI Zoom subforum. Folks seem to be suffering quite happily with it. Perhaps the Pro would have gotten better results but there are examples of the ZOOM doing its thing.

Good luck with the decision.

Reactions: 110010
Hi guys,
so, if you do not intend to print any drone images and will only use those shots or video for web or social media - i totally agree - zoom will do fine, most likely. same thing as if you want to pring only 6x4 cards from your photos - you can have 6mp camera or 36mp camera - a small print will look pretty much the same.

1" sensor in the M2P is way better than one in the M2Z. it has way better dynamic range and way better resolution. those who argue this point are either not technically adequate or blind. but to see this difference you need to look at the original raw files and do post-processing and proper printing. so, it all depends upon your goals. the biggest advantage of the pro model - it has adjustable aperture in the camera. zoom model does not. if you are a photographer - it should tell you enough, so you can decide for yourself if that is important for you or not.
if you ever intend to do a lot of wildlife shots from above and then crop and re-frame - 20mp resolution will help you with that. but, it is not anything like new leica q2. :) it is just a decent 1" sensor that can fly.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crumple