DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro - Attitude Mode - First Impression

fguthrie

Reactions
I updated the settings in my Mavic 2 Pro so that instead of "Tripod Mode", I now have "Attitude Mode". I took it for my first flight using Attitude mode yesterday. Big difference between Positioning Flight mode and Attitude mode. I now appreciate "P" mode more that I have had an opportunity to experience Attitude mode. In Attitude mode I noticed all sensors are disabled - good to be aware of that. It was a fairly windy day and I was also able to experience the drone drifting with the wind. You definitely need to be more aware of your surroundings, as just because you let up on the sticks, there is no guarantee the drone will stay put and if the wind is really blowing, you really better be watching it. Overall the fact that it is a bit more challenging to fly makes the adventure a bit more interesting.

I primarily changed to Attitude mode to get smoother video with faster speeds than what Tripod mode offers. For example, cursing along at 20 MPH and letting up on the sticks provides a smooth slowdown vs an abrupt stop in "P" mode. Overall, I do believe I will use Attitude mode more than Tripod mode, but I'm also interested in what you all think. If you still prefer Tripod mode over Attitude mode, I'm interested in knowing why. I also have a couple questions. Do you know if "Return to home" works in "Attitude mode"? Is GPS used at all in Attitude mode? Thanks for your thoughts.

Do you know if "Return to home" works in "Attitude mode"?
If you flyin atti mode and lose signal, the drone will still swap to RTH mode and come home as long as sat data is available.
Is GPS used at all in Attitude mode?
GPS data is not used in atti mode so there's no horizontal position holding or brakes but the GPS is still running and position data is being recorded, so the app knows where the drone is.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtle27mike