DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro beginner

Welcome!
An M2P is a great choice even for someone starting out. So many features including a more feature rich controller than many of the newer models. Being a bit "older" it has some great 3rd party apps that you can take advantage of when you're up to it. One of them, for less than $25 USD is call Litchi. The Go4 app that is the main program has a lot of auto features, but Litchi takes it a few steps further and will let you program automated missions which you can do right from your computer and preview them at home, again from your computer- in addition to creating auto missions in the field. You can also use Litchi with VR goggles if you want to fly FPV. And there are other apps as well right now for the M2P.

There are so many features that it will take time to learn. There is so much packed into this drone. Congrats.

Good luck.

Welcome!
An M2P is a great choice even for someone starting out. So many features including a more feature rich controller than many of the newer models. Being a bit "older" it has some great 3rd party apps that you can take advantage of when you're up to it. One of them, for less than $25 USD is call Litchi. The Go4 app that is the main program has a lot of auto features, but Litchi takes it a few steps further and will let you program automated missions which you can do right from your computer and preview them at home, again from your computer- in addition to creating auto missions in the field. You can also use Litchi with VR goggles if you want to fly FPV. And there are other apps as well right now for the M2P.

There are so many features that it will take time to learn. There is so much packed into this drone. Congrats.

Good luck.
Thanks for the info ,all of those things are a way down the track, want to learn , but will take it easy , so as to gain confidence

Thanks for the info ,all of those things are a way down the track, want to learn , but will take it easy , so as to gain confidence
Don't you worry. It really won't take very long till you get the hang of it. I think you'll be surprised how fast you get it. Here's one video that can help you get going.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum . . . even with the A2s and M3 in my possession; I still love to fly my M2P. She is a stable workhorse and you are going to love her!!

Welcome to the forum @SETI 2022

The M2P is a rock solid performer for sure, and as long as some basic pre flight checks are done, and you learn as you go in small steps, you'll be fine.

As mentioned above in a few posts, YouTube is awesome to get a bit of an insight into any drone or video / photo type tutorials.

For you, I'd suggest search there for > mavic 2 pro first flight < . . . and perhaps other searches like > mavic 2 pro flight settings < . . . > mavic 2 pro go4 menu settings < that sort of thing, watch and go try, then come back to reinforce anything you're not sure of.

Definitely the first few flights go to a big flat open space, an oval or sports ground (not the Gabba on match day :p ) and just do some basic first flight maneuvers.
Take a first flight photo, it's one you'll want to remember.

I'll be flying up on Saturday for a few weeks stay . . . part work / part play, hoping to get to the Glasshouse for a day, might even camp up there a night and really have a good look around.
But staying down south so might be tight for time, we'll see.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Great drone choice in my opinion. Very capable and lots of accessories out there for it. Remember to wait for a good GPS lock before flying around, and altitude is your friend. Those trees and structures reach out and grab you. Also remenber you can leave go of the sticks at any time and it will stop. Welcome to the forum!

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama, welcome to the forum!​

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1