DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro - Better video quality with droonie in comparison to manual video recording

compdriver

Reactions
Hi Everyone,

I noticed there is a huge difference in the video quality between droonie and manual video on my mavic 2 pro. Does anyone have any idea how to get the manual video look as good as the one created in droonie mode? Manual as well as droonie use the same automatic video settings but different codecs: H.264 for droonie and H.265 for manual video. I haven't verified it yet but have doubts this is the reason for such big difference in the video quality.

Cheers,
Viktor

Attachments

• dji - droonie.png
    dji - droonie.png
    5.4 MB · Views: 38
  • dji - manual.png
    dji - manual.png
    8.9 MB · Views: 38
Reactions: mereflyer
Hi Everyone,

I noticed there is a huge difference in the video quality between droonie and manual video on my mavic 2 pro. Does anyone have any idea how to get the manual video look as good as the one created in droonie mode? Manual as well as droonie use the same automatic video settings but different codecs: H.264 for droonie and H.265 for manual video. I haven't verified it yet but have doubts this is the reason for such big difference in the video quality.

Cheers,
Viktor
When your doing the video in Manual , its very difficult to be as smooth as the Droonie is in its movements no matter how careful you might be moving , thus this shows up in the video still quality. It also helps if you were filming 60 Frames as well.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water , and Fly with out Cinematic Control pods.

Reactions: mereflyer
Hi Everyone,

Cheers,
Viktor

Hi Viktor,

Could you please explain what you mean by "droonie mode"? It could be a regional thing, but I've never heard that phrase before (and google can't find hits).

Chris

Hi Everyone,

Cheers,
Viktor
When you have setup a Dronie (or any other Quickshot), BEFORE you hit GO, check your video settings (upper-right corner of the screen).
Sometimes when going to Quickshots the video resolution reverts to 1080p (FHD).

Attachments

• Dronie M2P.jpg
    Dronie M2P.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 3
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne