DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro car charger

Reactions: ksmusa
You could use the power adapter for the M battery to charge the remote, then top off the battery with the car charger.

Not sure but it seems the Mavic battery can charge the remote (and tablet) faster than the AC charger. Strange since the included AC charger is rated 2A for USB.

yeah, as stated most new cars have USB ports not for use of devices and charging, and others even have common 110 outlets also via converters, just another reason I love owing my Ford Raptor. ;)

I got one of these with the Fly More pack but I have not got it to work.

When I plug it in I get the sequential flashing lights on the battery for a few cycles and then it stops. I am using the 12v supply on my boat using a cigarette lighter socket. It could be that cars have a regulated 12v supply whereas my socket comes off the domestic supply and is frequently over voltage at the moment as we have had so little wind on our 3 fortnight cruises this summer (very unusual). This means a lot of motoring to move around and the domestic bank is often 12.75+ volts. It is on the list to sort out but am busy with other stuff first like how to edit footage ;)

If any forumite knows of any other reason what could be wrong or even if my guess might be right I would really appreciate knowing.

Thanks, just thought it odd. It's the first DJI car charger I've had that didn't have the option.
I think they did it by design to give max power to the Drone battery vs. throttling power to accommodate both . Many cars have USB ports, people can add a 12v to USB adapter, or extra battery packs / power banks to charge controller.

If any forumite knows of any other reason what could be wrong or even if my guess might be right I would really appreciate knowing.
Turn your headlights on. The charger detects low voltage ~<12.3V and stops charging. Turning the headlights on has your alternator generate more power when you drive, which gives ~14V, and keep charging.

I’m an iPhone user so I’ve used one of the spare connectors for the controller (the one with the usb C connector) and with a male usb to female usb C connector from eBay I can charge it using either the usb in the car or the one on the Osmo gimbal. As I understand it, the connection in the controller is a type of micro usb but one which can be damaged if you try to force a normal micro usb into it.

I am just back from a 1800km trip through the mid west region of WA. (Australia)
Went in my Toyota Prado 4wd which has 2 cigarette lighter outlets in the dash. Used one to charge my MP batteries and other with an adapter for 2 x USB outlets to charge phone and controller. All charged quite quickly as soon as i got on the road

Last edited:
Another topic mentions the car charger cuts out at about 11.3V It might see only that when it draws 6A when the battery starts charging, even though the car battery is putting out 11.8V, due to some finite resistance in the car wiring. Alternators put out about 13.8V.

yeah, as stated most new cars have USB ports not for use of devices and charging, and others even have common 110 outlets also via converters, just another reason I love owing my Ford Raptor. ;)
My truck has 150W 110v. just wondering what the wattage is on the dji chargers?

DJI Mavic Pro 2 ,how can you charge the remote controller with the DJI car charger ? with the special oblong micro usb connector that DJI has put in the remote controller ? as stated above fitting a normal micro usb charging cable in their special shaped socket can cause irreplaceable damage !!! Nice one DJI !!! So you can charge your drone batteries ,and I have 4 , but the remote will run out of charge long before the drone batteries and there is no way of charging it , brilliant DJI bloody brilliant.

Last edited:
DJI Mavic Pro 2 ,how can you charge the remote controller with the DJI car charger ? with the special oblong micro usb connector that DJI has put in the remote controller ? as stated above fitting a normal micro usb charging cable in their special shaped socket can cause irreplaceable damage !!! Nice one DJI !!! So you can charge your drone batteries ,and I have 4 , but the remote will run out of charge long before the drone batteries and there is no way of charging it , brilliant DJI bloody brilliant.
Isn’t the charging port a USB-C connector that can be plugged in in either direction? Are you using the wrong version of cable in that port?

No, as stated , its a one off DJI stupid shaped micro usb port ,on the Mavic Pro 2 controller, thats the problem
I think I finally found photos from a web search that shows what you are referring to. It appears that the microUSB port on the controller is rectangular instead of being properly keyed, thus a microUSB cable can be inserted upside down and ruin the port connection.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803