DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro connection to lightning port

lakemichmav2

Reactions
Hi all. I work at a company with a Mavic 2 Pro that's been used successfully in the past. We don't currently have any certified pilots. We have one guy who's flown it a few times, but his Samsung A32 is no longer supported by the DJI Go 4 app. I'm trying to step up with my iPhone XS Max, but we no longer have the cable to connect the controller to the Lightning port.

I'm trying to figure out what type of port this is, on the upper left side of the controller (it's upside down in this pic). Around the corner from the homing button. I've read a couple times that it's a micro USB, but that seems wrong. It's rectangular, not trapezoidal. Could I either buy someone's adapter from whatever this is to the Lightning port or find an above-bar one used? TIA

1725886281697.jpeg

It is a micro-USB port, but it is a better idea to connect the phone to the larger USB-A port on the lower back side of the controller (the opposite side of the antennas). It is considered more stable, the small micro-USB port is a weak point and can easily be broken. You need a USB-A to Lighting cable to connect your phone to the controller.
For charging you need to use the micro-USB port, but be careful when connecting,

Oh, I'd assumed the ports' intended uses were the other way around! Thank you so much. Was just able to connect my phone to the controller and to the drone successfully. Now they just need recharged lol

Oh, I'd assumed the ports' intended uses were the other way around! Thank you so much. Was just able to connect my phone to the controller and to the drone successfully. Now they just need recharged lol
For charging plug in a micro USB cable to a USB cable and tape the micro USB end to the controller so you don't have to keeping unplugging it to avoid damage.

The DJI docs will have you use the upper micro USB port just like you first assumed. But these forums are full of people who did that and after some amount of use, had a non-working remote (because the micro USB port connections to the internal electronics were not robust).

I connect my iPhone to the lower type-A USB port via a short cable (you can get on Amazon) and only use the micro USB port for charging (as the others mentioned).

Chris

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Efrosina Efremova