DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro Crash out of Control

I am trying to retrieve them now. It does feel like many want it to be user error to prove me or the person wrong or something...that's not cool. I am simply trying to figure out what happened and DJI Support sucks so nope I don't trust them ever. And I was just on with DJI and the call dropped so wonderful. ?

Does anyone else ever feel DJI has the worst phone lines ever?! I got dropped 3x just now and every single time they say they are going to provide a survey it always drops and never happens. Ugh

Its not that, its the drone is a fault there is no question, but what makes it Pilot Error is putting the Drone in a Situation that is most likely to Fail at some point.

You could have just as easily lost GPS or signal entirely to the drone or
taken off with A compass that was compromised do to interference..

So for me its not the Means but the Adventure you took if that makes sense.

Don't have a SC myself but know it's android based so follow that link I gave you in post #4 & read under section 3. Then just hook the SC up to your computer find the correct location & copy them over, create a new post & use the "attach files" button ... after that all can stop speculating.
So I am on with DJI now and they are telling me there is no way to retrieve the files with a Mac.

Well ... if the flight wasn't conducted near Astorga, Medellin, Colombia (as suggested by the DJI tech support & the GPS position) they have mixed up the cases.

Attach your TXT & DAT log in a new post here (both will be located in the mobile device you flew with). Go here & read up on how to retrieve them --> Mavic Flight Log Retrieval and Analysis Guide (read under section 3.)
Ok had to find a transfer app for Mac to read Android....I have the two log folders with all the TXT and DAT files but how do I know which ones to upload?

You can copy the files to a mounted SD card, then read the card contents on a Mac or PC with a card reader.

However even when the SC is connected to a Mac, the SC should show up as an external drive.

You can copy the files to a mounted SD card, then read the card contents on a Mac or PC with a card reader.

However even when the SC is connected to a Mac, the SC should show up as an external drive.
It doesn't mount as an external drive at least didn't for me. I simply used an app called Android File Transfer and read the SC files no issues and dragged and dropped to my desktop. Now just trying to figure out which ones I need to upload.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
I got them on my desktop off the SC now but there are many and don't know which ones are specific to this crash....how do I know?
File time and date. The pertinent txt file will also show which DAT file is related.

Unless you powered on/started motors after the crash, the txt log for the crash should be the last one.

Reactions: AtortPhotography
It doesn't mount as an external drive at least didn't for me. I simply used an app called Android File Transfer and read the SC files no issues and dragged and dropped to my desktop. Now just trying to figure out which ones I need to upload.
So you want to upload the txt files not the Dat File to Phantom Help.

I got them on my desktop off the SC now but there are many and don't know which ones are specific to this crash....how do I know?
Think you need to stop writing in this thread & read up instead ... you got all info earlier in the link.

Made it simple for you this time ... start with the TXT log, if the DAT is necessary we can tell you which we need.

And don'nt fuzz around and upload the log to phantomHelp or anywhere else ... if people want to see it there they can do it by them self .... just attach the TXT log in a new post.

1609867662148.png

*EDIT*

Thank's for the log ... then let's see.

Reactions: Meta4
So this I believe is the correct TXT file since the last one generated. I can't figure out which is the DAT file for the crash though. Let me know.
You had a really crappy GPS reception down there in between the buildings ... the navhealth went from approx mid flight too 2 of 5 which meant that the FC didn't trust the position at all. This together with the bad lightening that prevented the VPS sensors to lock on to the ground for horizontal stability ... meant that you mainly were in ATTI like mode the later part of the flight.

(Click on the charts to make them larger)

1609868648921.png

Your stick inputs was there in the end very erratic & not understanding that you actually was in ATTI mode without an auto breaking aircraft made it speed up & crash.

Your stick inputs:

1609868733550.png

So yeah ... this was a pilot error indeed.

I am trying to retrieve them now. It does feel like many want it to be user error to prove me or the person wrong or something...that's not cool...
That's not the take that I'm getting from the comments. It's just that people have seen that flight behavior when the drone is in ATI mode. The logs will help clarify what happened.

You had a really crappy GPS reception down there in between the buildings ... the navhealth went from approx mid flight too 2 of 5 which meant that the FC didn't trust the position at all. This together with the bad lightening that prevented the VPS sensors to lock on to the ground for horizontal stability ... meant that you mainly were in ATTI like mode the later part of the flight.

(Click on the charts to make them larger)

View attachment 120911

Your stick inputs was there in the end very erratic & not understanding that you actually was in ATTI mode without an auto breaking aircraft made it speed up & crash.

Your stick inputs:

View attachment 120912

So yeah ... this was a pilot error indeed.
That lets me know that the Drone became unstable in an instant which is what happens when a drone is flown between two buildings as we have seen many times in these type of crashes.

I will be curious to see from the logs how fast your drone was compromised maybe from the very start on take off.
Does this link help then? DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

One of the other members have already read you log above , That graph shows that the drone entered atti mode because of the weak GPS signal because of your location and was ruled pilot error .

Thank you.
So DJI has zero fault then for entering atti mode unexpectedly like that huh? To me that makes little sense who is to say when then it enters atti mode and most pilots aren't equipped to handle that unless seasoned FPV pilots or something. So pilot error was even flying somewhere that could cause a weak GPS signal too?

• Haha
Reactions: Ex Coelis
So DJI has zero fault then for entering atti mode unexpectedly like that huh? To me that makes little sense who is to say when then it enters atti mode and most pilots aren't equipped to handle that unless seasoned FPV pilots or something. So pilot error was even flying somewhere that could cause a weak GPS signal too?

We are extreme flyers, we fly in the Extreme wind 40 mph and Pouring Rain and that is not as risky as flying your drone low and between two very tall buildings.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly you Mavic in the Pouring Rain.

We are extreme flyers, we fly in the Extreme wind 40 mph and Pouring Rain and that is not as risky as flying your drone low and between two very tall buildings.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly you Mavic in the Pouring Rain.
There should be an entire set of literature from DJI then on city flying in my opinion at least.

• Haha
Reactions: Ex Coelis
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d