DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro Crash (unknown cause)

That shouldn't cause any problems. Did you calibrate your compass near metal? That could cause similar behaviour. The drone should detect any interference when calibrating but it may detect none if the interference isn't strong enough to show the warning.
No, no metal nearby that I know of.

Hmm, that is strange. I don't know why the drone showed signs of magnetic interference then. If there was no metal nearby, that shouldn't have happened.

I hate these mystery stories.
Believe me, nobody hates this one more than me. It’s seriously got me nervous about flying one again. I don’t want some unexplained error to damage someone’s property or worse. Especially if I have no idea what caused it to begin with. Still waiting to hear back from DJI. It’s been over a week so hopefully I’ll hear from them soon.

Believe me, nobody hates this one more than me. It’s seriously got me nervous about flying one again. I don’t want some unexplained error to damage someone’s property or worse. Especially if I have no idea what caused it to begin with. Still waiting to hear back from DJI. It’s been over a week so hopefully I’ll hear from them soon.

Sure hope they find an answer! I have had my Zoom since February and have 13 hours logged on er..
So far and (keep my fingers x'ed) hopefully forever, I have not had a single small glitch in how it has behaved in any flight. So, I sure hope they find an answer to this one!
As unfortunate as some of these post's are, they often turn into a valuable learning / lesson for many others including me!
Did you have the Refresh program on it?

So, I heard back from them just now and the only information I got was that according to the analysis, it was not caused by any human error and that it was possible hardware failure. We’ll see what happens next. Hopefully it’ll be covered by warranty.

So, I heard back from them just now and the only information I got was that according to the analysis, it was not caused by any human error and that it was possible hardware failure. We’ll see what happens next. Hopefully it’ll be covered by warranty.
If that was their reply you’re golden.

Reactions: Jetdriver100
If that was their reply you’re golden.
Yeah, I have since sent it in for repair/replacement under warranty. I’m hopeful to be able to try again in a week or so when I get it back.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
instaproapk