DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro crashes

Moon4Drone

Reactions
I can't believe I am writing this, but after almost 2 years of flawless performance of my Mavic 2 Pro, today it literally shut off and dropped out of the air, for no apparent reason, and sustained significant damage. I was in flight for only 1 minute and at an altitude of 90 feet, when I got the notice on my Crystal Sky "aircraft disconnected." I would appreciate hearing from anyone else who has had a similar experience.

Sry for the mishap, Post you flight logs there many fine folks here will tell exactly what went wrong. As far as the drone send it in for a free inspection and quote also free shipping both ways you only pay if we fix. We can get you airborne in no time use mavicpilots for $35 off the repair

Reactions: dirkclod
Not good....

Sounds like what happened to my M2Z.

Read my thread and see if it sounds familiar.

Reactions: Moon4Drone
If you upload your flight log like @sar104 said, he and others have the ability to do some very in-depth investigating for you.

Reactions: Thomas B
The battery cabinet broke open but the actual battery is intact and still fully charged.
But are the cells swollen? The swollen batteries that have recently been encountered for M2's still seem electrically sound: no or little change in capacity and charge fine. But depending on the extent of the swelling, it could disengage enough to disconnect power.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
I can't believe I am writing this, but after almost 2 years of flawless performance of my Mavic 2 Pro, today it literally shut off and dropped out of the air, for no apparent reason, and sustained significant damage. I was in flight for only 1 minute and at an altitude of 90 feet, when I got the notice on my Crystal Sky "aircraft disconnected." I would appreciate hearing from anyone else who has had a similar experience.
Mavic 2 was released in August of last year. That's barely a year ago, not two years. However, your battery Production Date, as an early adopter, was undoubtedly either 2018.07 or 2018.08. Those are the suspect battery Production dates leading the premature battery swelling, and possible unseating of the battery in flight, due to the side latches no longer tightly securing the battery.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kesiganes