DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro - Damage assessment

Mavica

Reactions
Ok - so I'm looking for some advice - I really hope someone can give me pointers.
I'm a new drone pilot and had a crash.
For whatever reason, collision detection wasn't activated, and I crashed into a tree.
Initially I thought it was a write-off - screen went black after the collision - but on closer inspection, that happened I'm sure because the battery fell out of the drone as it hit branches on the way down.
I have switched the drone back on and it connects ok to the mobile phone/remote - camera works on the drone as I can see images fine on the phone - however one of the arms is broken, and the gimbal attachment has sheared through - but the gimbal cable appears to be intact. All 4 motors spin up when the drone is switched on too.
I've attached some images of the damage.

Are there any other checks I should be doing to fully assess the damage I've done?

So the question is - based on what I've said and the photos here, is the damage something that is reasonably easy (if time consuming) to repair myself if I source the parts?
And if I were to get the repairs done by a shop - what cost realistically would I be looking at?

I'm looking to get the repairs done as cheaply as possible. I'm reasonably handy at repairing things like this - so not phased by the prospect of doing the repair myself - but I'm not exactly au fait with drones, and their foibles.

Any advice would be really appreciated.

Cheers!

IMG_20220912_094556.jpgIMG_20220912_094637 copy.jpg
IMG_20220912_094738 copy.jpgIMG_20220912_094643 copy.jpg

Yaw arm needs to be changed as yaw motor flex is broken . Gimbal damper also requires replacement. Bottom skid plate . One arm meeds to be changed . You can change all parts but after changing yaw arm the gimbal requires professional calibration . See if you can DIY

Reactions: Mavica
Ok - so I'm looking for some advice - I really hope someone can give me pointers.
I'm a new drone pilot and had a crash.
For whatever reason, collision detection wasn't activated, and I crashed into a tree.
Initially I thought it was a write-off - screen went black after the collision - but on closer inspection, that happened I'm sure because the battery fell out of the drone as it hit branches on the way down.
I have switched the drone back on and it connects ok to the mobile phone/remote - camera works on the drone as I can see images fine on the phone - however one of the arms is broken, and the gimbal attachment has sheared through - but the gimbal cable appears to be intact. All 4 motors spin up when the drone is switched on too.
I've attached some images of the damage.

Are there any other checks I should be doing to fully assess the damage I've done?

So the question is - based on what I've said and the photos here, is the damage something that is reasonably easy (if time consuming) to repair myself if I source the parts?
And if I were to get the repairs done by a shop - what cost realistically would I be looking at?

I'm looking to get the repairs done as cheaply as possible. I'm reasonably handy at repairing things like this - so not phased by the prospect of doing the repair myself - but I'm not exactly au fait with drones, and their foibles.

Any advice would be really appreciated.

Cheers!

View attachment 154790View attachment 154791
View attachment 154792View attachment 154793
Thats certainly fixable.
All the parts should be available online. (even the little foot as above.).

First you need to take the gimbal off and check that the gimbal board (£100) is not damaged.
Then make a list of parts and their cost.
I am not sure if a new front leg comes with the antenna or without. (it seems they come with £70)
New Yaw arm with motors(£60) etc... etc...

The calibration of the gimbal can be done by installing python and downloading 'DJI Tools'.

Let us know how you get on so that we can talk you through it.

First step you need a precision screwdriver set.
Use the 1.5mm hex bit to remove the two screws holding the cover plate just behind the gimbal. (one will have a blob of gunge in it put there by DJI) etc... etc... ...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98