DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro Defective out of box

nd4wmike

Reactions
I have tried to go through all the posts here about the new Mavic 2 pro to see if there have been problems .
Seems like maybe mine was the lemon in the bunch. After charging everything and doing the firmware update , I went out for my first flight . Red triangle in status . "3D infrared sensor error. Hardware Malfunction , contact support for repairs ."
I tried the online chat , the guy said try calibrating the IMU, in the app it looked perfect , but I did the calibration anyway . No help , so my new Mavic 2 Pro is on the way to California to be replaced . If anyone has every had there DJI replaced , how did you handle the Care Refresh , if you got it, to transfer to the replacement.?
Thanks for looking , if you did . I am interested if any more DOA Mavic 2's were received

Mike

Sorry to hear, that sucks!

I'm sure there were more people who received a DOA unit. Between mass manufacturing and shipping there are bound to be some bad apples arriving on door steps, unfortunately.

Reactions: nd4wmike
I had a similar issue out of the Box but slightly different, the Sensors page on the controller menu was showing side sensors 'RED" factory settings are disabled for this feature so one must go into the menu an enable the T,P, S mode switch on the right side of the controller once I enabled it in the controller menu I was able to use the manual switch to change flight modes and that in turn enables the side sensors. I had to learn that lesson the hard way as I was flying indoors going sideways relying on the side sensors and the drone ran into the wall. Didn't do any damage to the drone but it was a learning experience for my first flight out of the Box.
I recommend that everyone read all of the instructions and go over all of the settings for the MP2, this can be done while you are updating the software/ Firmware after un-boxing

Yes I was very disappointed, I ordered the day of the event and got the free priority shipping . It came the next Monday , so very fast from China . My son and grandson were here visiting and I really was excited for us to fly the new Mavic 2 Pro.
They both fly back in Alabama . Needless to say that part of their trip was a bust , but we had a good visit anyway . I understand new products and some slip through with a defect , I was just hoping DJI had better quality control . I have the Air and Mavic pro original which are both flawless in performance .
Support at this point seems good , hope it stays that way and I get my replacement back quickly.
thanks for your reply.
Mike

I had a similar issue out of the Box but slightly different, the Sensors page on the controller menu was showing side sensors 'RED" factory settings are disabled for this feature so one must go into the menu an enable the T,P, S mode switch on the right side of the controller once I enabled it in the controller menu I was able to use the manual switch to change flight modes and that in turn enables the side sensors. I had to learn that lesson the hard way as I was flying indoors going sideways relying on the side sensors and the drone ran into the wall. Didn't do any damage to the drone but it was a learning experience for my first flight out of the Box.
I recommend that everyone read all of the instructions and go over all of the settings for the MP2, this can be done while you are updating the software/ Firmware after un-boxing

Glad yours was minor and you got it going . I tried everything support suggested and that I could think of but same red triangle ,
only front and rear sensors would go ready.
Thanks for your input.
Mike

Rgr that I hope they get your Mavic Fixed quickly, I bought mine direct from DJI Store last Friday and it arrived at noon today Wednesday so I was pretty excited to see the Fed Ex truck pull up :)

Wow that sucks man, sorry to hear. Just bad luck. I hope they take care of this for you quick!

Rgr that I hope they get your Mavic Fixed quickly, I bought mine direct from DJI Store last Friday and it arrived at noon today Wednesday so I was pretty excited to see the Fed Ex truck pull up :)
Thanks , I ordered mine Thursday after the event and got it Monday ,
so shipping was great , flying not so much
Mike

Wow that sucks man, sorry to hear. Just bad luck. I hope they take care of this for you quick!
Thanks, all I talked with DJI , all looks fine , just hope it stays that way and they send my new one quickly .
Then I have to see how to transfer my Care Refresh to the new one.
Mike

This almost makes me want to order from Amazon Sept 3rd with their 30 day return and exchange and fast shipping but the $135 in taxes is holding me back. Did DJI say how long the return process will be ? Shouldn't be to long if the repair centers have any birds in stock.

This almost makes me want to order from Amazon Sept 3rd with their 30 day return and exchange and fast shipping but the $135 in taxes is holding me back. Did DJI say how long the return process will be ? Shouldn't be to long if the repair centers have any birds in stock.
It's a replacement so I wouldn't think it takes but a day or 2. They didn't say in my communication with them . I do amazon a lot and with sending mine back and then waiting on returning the new one , I would have been better off getting from Amazon , quicker . Sometimes I am charged tax , other time no . Never figured out the difference. Good luck when you order yours .
Mike

Reactions: Kingram
Wait for B&H to have stock; no taxes unless you are in NY.

I just got my M2P today and did the update and got 3 REDs and wrench on Go4 and disconnected and controller says mag something (no magnetic thing close to it). Had to head to work. I will mess with it when get home with updates.
If anyone can help with a plan of action of any kind it would be greatly appreciated. And for giggles I did several restarts and do overs and then I knew I needed to come ask for help

Attachments

• IMG_3505.JPG
    IMG_3505.JPG
    80.4 KB · Views: 71

I appreciate your post regarding turning on the feature on the menu. but when you put it on P Mode, does the side obstacle avoidance sensor still red? Mine only turns on only in T Mode. Please let me know. Thanks!

"The Lateral Vision Systems requires better lighting and more textured or clearly marked obstacles, and cannot sense dynamic objects, such as moving people, vehicles, tree branches, or blinking lights. Lateral Vision Systems are only available in ActiveTrack 2.0 and Tripod Mode. The angular speed is limited to 24° /s and the lateral ight speed is limited to 18 mph (29 mph). " From the manual.

They will stay red unless you are in Tripod mode or Active Track.

Bit of a disappointment, however the P4 Pro is the same (tripod mode).

Paul C

"The Lateral Vision Systems requires better lighting and more textured or clearly marked obstacles, and cannot sense dynamic objects, such as moving people, vehicles, tree branches, or blinking lights. Lateral Vision Systems are only available in ActiveTrack 2.0 and Tripod Mode. The angular speed is limited to 24° /s and the lateral ight speed is limited to 18 mph (29 mph). " From the manual.

Paul C
My defective Mavic 2 Pro had the red triangles in status not in the menus under sensors,
message was , "3D infrared sensor errors , Hardware malfunction , contact support for repair" ,
Mike

Paul C

thank you for clarifying. appreciate it.

Reactions: Paul2660
I appreciate your post regarding turning on the feature on the menu. but when you put it on P Mode, does the side obstacle avoidance sensor still red? Mine only turns on only in T Mode. Please let me know. Thanks!
To the best of my knowledge the Side Sensors only work in "T" mode Tripod mode, I havn't tested active track yet so I don't know

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d