DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro Defective out of box

thank you for clarifying. appreciate it.

It confusing at best. After watched no the anno video I thought that the side sensors would be engaged at all times.

There are still a few announced features that have not made it out yet like waypoints.

DJI makes a big deal on side sensor tech but in reality only allow their use in very limited flight parameters. True on P4 Pro also. Side sensors which have a ton of marketing fluff only work in beginner mode (worthless) or tripod mode (very limited use) IMO

Paul C

I have tried to go through all the posts here about the new Mavic 2 pro to see if there have been problems .
Seems like maybe mine was the lemon in the bunch. After charging everything and doing the firmware update , I went out for my first flight . Red triangle in status . "3D infrared sensor error. Hardware Malfunction , contact support for repairs ."
I tried the online chat , the guy said try calibrating the IMU, in the app it looked perfect , but I did the calibration anyway . No help , so my new Mavic 2 Pro is on the way to California to be replaced . If anyone has every had there DJI replaced , how did you handle the Care Refresh , if you got it, to transfer to the replacement.?
Thanks for looking , if you did . I am interested if any more DOA Mavic 2's were received

Mike

This is a manufacture defect under warranty almost DOA so you shouldn’t have to use one of your DJI Care Refresh on it.

Reactions: nd4wmike
If you get in touch with one of the admins at the DJI forum they are sometimes able to speed things along. They were able to get things moving right away after I waited a month for a P4 controller replacement.

I can even count how many different people I have talked to/emailed about his .
All they say is they will do something but that's the last I hear from them . The last person I talked with sent me a picture of what is supposed to be want I sent spread out on a mat ,
after I got a email saying what was there , but was incorrect . I contacted support and they said " sorry you are right , everything is there ", and sent the picture .
That was 3 days ago , still not showing "verified " on the repair status on the DJI website even though I have 2 emails saying all was sent back .
I give up on trying to get anything done short of contacting my bank and see what they say .
Thanks for your concern and helpful advice . I have talked with at least 4 different Admins in the forum.
Mike

Wow, hope they get this resolved for you soon. One would hope they'd be on ball with a simple exchange for a drone that was defective out of the box . . . it's not exactly rocket science.

I purchased a Mavic 2 Pro with the Fly-More kit from Amazon. On receipt, after I did the firmware updates, I noticed that the left front leg was bent a bit. I never flew it. I did not want to be blamed. Sure the flight logs will confirm this for DJI. I have returned it with a request of a full refund. I am thinking of waiting for a few months incase there are any quality issues related to heavy production to meet high early release demand. Also it has become obvious that there are some firmware issues that need to be corrected, which is normal for new releases. I thought this bird was a well constructed and well designed unit and am very disappointed I had to return it. I am 99.99% sure I will reorder soon.

Attachments

• DJI-1.jpg
    DJI-1.jpg
    405.7 KB · Views: 42
  • DJI-2.jpg
    DJI-2.jpg
    354.2 KB · Views: 42
I purchased a Mavic 2 Pro with the Fly-More kit from Amazon. On receipt, after I did the firmware updates, I noticed that the left front leg was bent a bit. I never flew it. I did not want to be blamed. Sure the flight logs will confirm this for DJI. I have returned it with a request of a full refund. I am thinking of waiting for a few months incase there are any quality issues related to heavy production to meet high early release demand. Also it has become obvious that there are some firmware issues that need to be corrected, which is normal for new releases. I thought this bird was a well constructed and well designed unit and am very disappointed I had to return it. I am 99.99% sure I will reorder soon.
That is to bad , how about the Gimbal any scratches ?
Did your get it from the DJI store on Amazon or from Amazon fulfillment ?

Last edited:
Good luck,
I wish I would have waited and got mine from Amazon. If I could get a refund, I would get mine from Amazon and have it before DJI is going to replace it. Their service is deplorable.
Mike

I had issues as well out of the box until it eventually crashed itself, DJI is looking into it now as well. If your unit was defective and not your fault I don't see you needing to use care refresh since it was a dud.

I had issues as well out of the box until it eventually crashed itself, DJI is looking into it now as well. If your unit was defective and not your fault I don't see you needing to use care refresh since it was a dud.
You are correct , I am not having to use my Care Refresh , it's just that nothing is being done to send my replacement back .
It's been 3 weeks this Thursday since I ordered it and 2 weeks since they got it in Ca. Just sitting there with nothing being updated .
Mike

You are correct , I am not having to use my Care Refresh , it's just that nothing is being done to send my replacement back .
It's been 3 weeks this Thursday since I ordered it and 2 weeks since they got it in Ca. Just sitting there with nothing being updated .
Mike
Well maybe my complaints did some good , after 3 weeks since I ordered my Mavic 2 Pro ,
the new replacement is on the way from Ca , UPS 2-Day Air .
Hope this one is 100% ready .
Mike

Reactions: Paul2660
That is to bad , how about the Gimbal any scratches ?
Did your get it from the DJI store on Amazon or from Amazon fulfillment ?
DJI store via Amazon. Returned directly to DJI in CA. They just got it yesterday the 11th but sent on the 5th.
No scratches on the Gimbal or any place on the drown. Just the bent leg. I have requested a full refund. Will reorder but will wait for a few weeks or months.

Ok imagine this - Your drone is going down the assembly line and a worker drops it on the floor and quickly looks to see if his boss saw what happened but his boss is on the phone and looking the other way so he quickly grabs it and brings it back up , Nothing to see here. lol

Could have happened. Shipping box has no damage at all. Also no scratches on leg bottom point at all..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whathesaid