DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro Distance Test

True. Plus DJI is now saying that "distance" is a "proxy" for the stability and strength of the control link rather than an actual distance that can/should be flown.

I get the whole VLOS thing. I really do. Living where I live, it's too easy to be able to do these tests. I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks that areas like these are perfect for it. Before changing the description, I didn't state everything I did to prepare for the flight but it was planned. Is it still right? I don't know, I really think it depends. I've seen these distance tests done over LA, NYC, and other big cities. I've seen people in cities fly them half a block away and still manage to crash them even though they can see it. I would be right there with ya yelling at them. I wouldn't step foot in a city with my drone. Too risky for me. I'd rather be a few miles outside and film it from a distance. Like I said, I really think it depends. Look at my early videos, I took my first P3S over a small 400 population town. I didn't know much then. Now it's all boring country videos. I'd love more scenic areas with buildings, bridges, skylines, and things like that. But I wouldn't take my eyes off it if I ever get a chance to fly those areas and I sure wouldn't be so close either.

My test with standart antennas - over 45000 feet. I was just afraid to go more.
There is one nuance, I was leaving the drone, it was not the drone that flew away from me.
Just curious, if you took the RC with you, how did the distance stay at 1 meter when you drove away?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78