DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Brian_MavicPro

Reactions
Anyone finding "excellent" quality instructional videos for the Mavic 2 Pro features, specifically the Intelligent flight modes?

I was on my SeaDoo boat today and wanted the drone to follow, so I selected Active Track, traced my boat and it followed me around but did not record anything. Tried again, but it stood in place and kept my boat middle frame (no follow).

Next, I wanted a simple circle around me showing the islands in the backdrop, I hit "GO" and it circled and recorded nothing, lol. Of course, I only found all this out when I got back from the trip.

So, DJI put out Hyperlapse and Point of Interest videos...both are lacking tons of specificity and I can't even get a simple "Circle" flight mode to record. On the bright side, the weather is nice for the weekend so I can try again.

Reactions: genesimmons
Only hyperlapse and quickshots automaticically engages recording. You need to start recording or still recording for most of the others as they are basically autopilot.

Only hyperlapse and quickshots automaticically engages recording. You need to start recording or still recording for most of the others as they are basically autopilot.
Yeah! I thought it would be a bit more intuitive. I tapped the "GO" button and figured the software would "GO", lol. Guess that's why they call it "Intelligent" Flight Mode and not "Intuitive" Flight Mode. Having said that, I sure wish they would invest in better tutorials.

Since some modes do automatically record/shoot and others don't, would be nice to make it clear.

Think of it this way though: hyperlapse is specifically to create slow mo videos by means of numerous stills. Quick shots is to make short videos quickly. The rest are just means of flying.
POI likely would be used for photography, but there's different ways to use it: video, various single shots, timed shots.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31