DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro Fell From the Sky is it the RC?

Okay, looks like I'm not going to recover the DAT file, though I will ask DD. Is there anyway I can pull the flight logs or DAT files off of the drone or RC itself?

You can retrieve the onboard DAT file from the M2P, but unfortunately only DJI can read it.

Reactions: Totem
....shucks. I have DD engineers engaged. Will post an update of their findings after review of the logs. Doubt they will conclude any different than your original assessment. Will be up to the DJI assessment ultimately. Thanks again sar104.

Closing the loop on this one. Drone Deploy evaluated the flight logs and also concluded this was a hardware issue.

I sent the M2P and RC to DJI for assessment and possible repair. Initially they concluded the repair would be warrantied and listed out the components and sensors to be fixed at no charge. After having two M2P's go down with a weak signal, I implored them to at least replace the RC as I would be reviewing each flight with Air Data going forward monitoring the weak signal I repeatedly had with the prior two M2P's flown...and crashed with the original RC.

Seems to have helped as DJI notified me a replacement M2P and RC have been shipped and will arrive on May 14th.

Happy ending? Not really, will take a number of months to build the confidence with the M2P that I had with the M1P. I am pleased with the ease of communication with DJI and their warranty process. Thanks sar104!

Reactions: sar104
Darn loop did not close tight enough. Just received a replacement Mavic 2 Pro but unfortunately the same remote control that was flying the previous two downed Mavic 2's. DJI tech support stated the Data Analysis from the flight logs indicated a "Power failure mid-flight leading to the crash incident". Evidently the RC 'checked out' okay and did not contribute to the crash...or the other M2P I had go down. I will be tracking the first few flights on AirData checking the signal strength. @ sar104

Darn loop did not close tight enough. Just received a replacement Mavic 2 Pro but unfortunately the same remote control that was flying the previous two downed Mavic 2's. DJI tech support stated the Data Analysis from the flight logs indicated a "Power failure mid-flight leading to the crash incident". Evidently the RC 'checked out' okay and did not contribute to the crash...or the other M2P I had go down. I will be tracking the first few flights on AirData checking the signal strength. @ sar104
Buy a marco polo gps tracker before flying again. It works well.

Reactions: Totem
Buy a marco polo gps tracker before flying again. It works well.
I have considered it but finding the drone has not been a problem. One sank, Lume Cubes blazing, while the other needed to be extracted from a tree (the hard way). Not having fly away issues, just unplanned in flight power loss. Fingers crossed the third M2P is a charm and not a RC issue.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d