DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro Firmware issues

MavDawg-1

Reactions
Upgraded from my Platinum last week to the 2 Pro and am having recurring issues updating the firmware. Using DJI Go4, I’m continuously told that both the drone firmware and remote firmware need updating. Whit batteries sufficiently charged and connected to wifi, I’ve carried out this process now 5 times, updating and installing the drone. Then I turn everything off & re-start the process after several minutes for the remote, but the drone update has not taken, and the Go4 app tells me again I need to update.
When I try to update the controller first or select to update the controller after the drone without first shutting down, the process hangs up before downloading and I’m told ‘process failed’ and ‘Cancel or Retry’. Retry does nothing.
Of course the drone still operates, and flysafe zones are up to date. I’d just like to resolve this if anyone has run into the same issue.
Thanks! Happy Thanksgiving, too!

Yes, use the Assistant 2 program on PC. The Go4 app on Android fails continuously.

Using the Assistant 2 Program I updated the Mavic 2 Aircraft and then the Remote Control. Then starting the aircraft & Remote I was told "Inconsistencies Found" or something similar for each of the batteries. All three of my batteries were then updated upon starting the Mavic 2 & Go4.
Now, finally ready for flight testing once the wind subsides.

Ich habe alle neuen Updates manuell von der DJI Homepage runtergeladen, weil ich ein ähnliches Problem hatte. Mit USB Kabel auf die Drohne überspielt, und alles funktioniert einwandfrei.

You need to make sure you down the DJI assistant for the Mavic pro,I didn’t know it,that they haved different assistant for phantom etc
Had problem with downloading firmware because I had the wrong DJI assistant

I’m sorry to use my reply as a posting of my problem but (because I’m a technical moron) I can’t seem to post a question on the forums. What am I doing wrong/ Missing ?

I’m sorry to use my reply as a posting of my problem but (because I’m a technical moron) I can’t seem to post a question on the forums. What am I doing wrong/ Missing ?

It's not as obvious as it could be. You have to be in the forum view for one of the forums, such as this one:

Firmware & Software Discussion

Then the "Post Thread" button will be visible top right.

I can't find the cable to connect the computer to my Mavic 2 Pro to run Assistant. It looks like the drone has only USB-2 available on it's side. Did DJI supply one with the drone or am I mistake about the connection?

I can't find the cable to connect the computer to my Mavic 2 Pro to run Assistant. It looks like the drone has only USB-2 available on it's side. Did DJI supply one with the drone or am I mistake about the connection?

The Mavic 2 uses USB-C. One was supplied with the aircraft - flat black, 1 m, USB-A to USB-C.

Thanks! With your description I found it. It had another small adapter attached to the 'C' side which originally misled me.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djionas