DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro (First Purchase) Must Have vs Get Later Accessories

I got extra batteries, battery charger that charges all batteries at once, case, and ND Filters.

Also make sure to get a SD card that is at least U3 and the V30. The V number is more important than anything.

My advice: get the drone and don't buy anything else, except perhaps one spare battery.

People get all excited about getting their drone (totally understandable), but they start obsessing over what else they need to get. The problem is this: everyone uses their drone in different ways, and a lot of the recommendations you've already gotten will probably be totally useless for you. On the other hand, perhaps they won't be. However, the point is that you won't know until you've gotten the drone and mad a few dozen flights.

Yes, you can sometimes save a few dollars by buying a kit that has all the things you will, in fact, need. However, if you don't know what is important to you before you purchase, then buying a kit with lots of flotsam (unimportant stuff) will waste your money, and just give you a lot of stuff that will sit on a shelf for years.

I had already been flying a friend's drone for years before I finally bought my own and had a pretty good idea what I needed. So, even though my friend had five batteries and a huge parallel charger, I realized that most of my uses would be easily covered by having just one spare battery that was fully charged. I needed ND filters for my M2P, so I got those, but I really didn't need much else.

Last edited:
I just want to say welcome Rick, from another Washingtonian and faithful 12!! Batteries are essential.

Before I got my drone delivered (used, with 3 batteries - not fly more combo) I purchased propellers fixers, set of ND filters, cover for smart controller and small case to fit drone only - all from pgytech.

Finally purchased my first drone, the M2Pro, through DroneNerds To start, I got an extra battery and insurance through DroneNerds. Next will be another battery, quick charger (Referred to as 6-1 chargers?), and ND filters.

Thank you all for your input!

I spent too much time and money trying to make shift a suitable landing pad. A flat piece or corrugated cardboard and what I thought was a heavy enough door mat would blow away in the prop wash. I finally bought a landing pad that's lighter than the door mat and stays put. It also came with stakes in case of wind not related to prop wash.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vanillasky