DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro fly away at the return home

any info indicating the last height of the drone? I was thereafter 2 hrs cannot find it. I need to confirm if it's still on the rooftop. or already drop on the floor. this photo was from find my drone from DJIGO4. Thanks
The last reported height above the HP in the log was 104,1 meter.

Depending on how accurate google earth 3D buildings are it's possible that it crashed on the roof against any of the equipment located there ... then either stayed up there or fell over the edge & down.

1583623089492.png

If you look from top down it looks like this ...

1583623149934.png

So if it's not on the roof ... hit the building wall or hit those tanks up there & fell the whole way down, these roofs can be interesting.

1583623323492.png

If your M2P flew over the roof level, missing all thing's up there ... it would pretty quickly lose the connection with your RC & again initiate failsafeRTH. But nothing of that should be in the log as the log just records when the AC is connected with the RC. So in such case the M2P either should have turned up at HP or crashed on the way back against all the equipment up there..

Reactions: sar104
I just check from DJIGO4. it still shown the position and indicating Missing duration of 2 Day.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200308-071246.png
    Screenshot_20200308-071246.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 12
any info indicating the last height of the drone? I was thereafter 2 hrs cannot find it. I need to confirm if it's still on the rooftop. or already drop on the floor. this photo was from finding my drone from DJIGO4. Thanks
RC displayed Binding. What does it mean? it confused me. I had been trying to reconnect with M2P but Apps. displayed connection with M2P fail. There was no display on the screen. so I can say the time from 483 sec until the flight ends at 566 sec. was all my blind command.
many thanks for your analysis.

RC displayed Binding. What does it mean? it confused me. I had been trying to reconnect with M2P but Apps. displayed connection with M2P fail. There was no display on the screen. so I can say the time from 483 sec until the flight ends at 566 sec. was all my blind command.
many thanks for your analysis.

The app was logging telemetry continuously except during the period 460 - 483 seconds. After that you had control again, and your flight inputs and the aircraft response are in the log file.

but I had no display. I restart Apps and follow steps to relink with M2P. reply was Linking failed. Repeated at lest 3 times

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200305-173512.png
    Screenshot_20200305-173512.png
    352 KB · Views: 10
but I had no display. I restart Apps and follow steps to relink with M2P. reply was Linking failed. Repeated at lest 3 times

Linking refers to pairing the aircraft with the RC - something you only need to do if you replace one of them. Your aircraft was already linked to the RC - you were looking at instructions to link a different aircraft.

when I had no control over M2P and had no display to show where was M2P. I can only restart DJIGO4. The 1st. step was to Enter Device. The next step was to connect to aircraft. this was where I cannot link. The RC also beeping on the linking countdown time. Another option was to Enter the Camera View Without Connection. I will not choose this option View Without Connection.

when I had no control over M2P and had no display to show where was M2P. I can only restart DJIGO4. The 1st. step was to Enter Device. The next step was to connect to aircraft. this was where I cannot link. The RC also beeping on the linking countdown time. Another option was to Enter the Camera View Without Connection. I will not choose this option View Without Connection.

That was obviously during the short period that the connection was dropped. It subsequently came back with no linking required, as expected.

but why I keep repeating start-up it prompts me to relink every time? I had no control and no sight of M2P in DJIGO4.

It only prompted you to relink when you kept hitting the "Connect to the aircraft" button. While that might arguably be a bit ambiguous in isolation, had you read and understood the flight manual you would have known that it was not appropriate. The problem appears to have been the connection between the app and the RC.

I tried many ways to control a/c. The flying log shows why there were so many stupid commands I'd made on the RC. but that was the only way I can do under the condition of no sight of M2P, no response from RC.
usually when A/C was linked. A "GO FLYING" option appeared. I can just tap on it and see what's displayed on the M2P camera. This time. The response from the device really makes me panic. This never happens to me on any previous flight.
Many thanks for your patience to help me find out why. but I still don't have an answer yet.
Does DJI provide emergency drill tutorials for MavicPilots?

Last edited:
from the photo, you show me. could it be a possibility my M2P still hovering there till running out of battery and land on floor?

Attachments

• crash site vertical down view.JPG
    crash site vertical down view.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 9
from the photo, you show me. could it be a possibility my M2P still hovering there till running out of battery and land on floor?

No - how many times does it have to be repeated that it crashed into the building?

Vero sorry to ask this question. I just have to find ways where to salvage my crashed M2P.

Understood. But the options are limited. It hit the building near the top:

1583644722953.png

Given the altitude and GE vertical accuracy uncertainties - it could have hit the wall as shown, the structures on the roof, or a window lower down. The building doesn't appear to have balconies, and so it is either inside an on the roof, inside that top apartment, or it fell to the ground.

grab11.jpg

I did ask the security from that condo. after 1hr. of the incident. cause I could not find anything on the floor. maybe I need to request to check on the rooftop. Thanks for your effort and valuable info.

Reactions: sar104
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S