DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro + Fly More Kit at 970 € - any idea why?

BigBoozer

Reactions
FORGET - Order Cancelled by the supplier - Material non more available.

Hi folks, I just found this morning on Amazon this offer at 970 €:

Any idea why the M2Pro+FMK is rebated by 46% ? Is a Mavic Pro 3 on its way for Xmas shopping?

Update: and it's at 720 € for the basic version:

Last edited:
I just passed 107 last month and have waited to purchase my first drone. If this sale is true-I just found it.....3 days!!!

Forget about the above said post: my order was cancelled by the seller... I do not know why. Possible mistake on their side in publishing this product?
My order was acknowledged and accepted by Amazon, see the attached confirmation, circled in red. It translates from Italian into "You last ordered this product on November 16, 2020"

EDIT: Amazon says the seller run out of product while I was ordering it...

Attachments

• Amazon sale ok.jpg
    Amazon sale ok.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 17
Last edited:
UPDATE: This was a true scam.
I ordered the M2Pro+FMKit and paid through credit card and got a regular acknowledgment from Amazon (see the attachment in my original post, above).
The order disappeared from "My Orders" list after a couple of hours, and the seller - using an email account from within the Amazon seller's platform! - told me that there had been a problem with the credit card payment but I could reconfirm my order by making a direct bank transfer, and he gave me the bank coordinates, at the Italian subsidiary of an online German bank.
I (stupid...) paid through direct bank transfer 970€ (approx 1140 $) and sent him the pdf of the receipt.
The seller promised - still always using an email account from within the Amazon seller's platform! - to send the drone in 3-5 days. But my order was - again - NOT appearing in "My Orders" list, so I got suspicious and contacted Amazon through their Customer Support online chat. They were not exactly sharp in pointing out that there could have been a big risk, they just suggested to cancel the bank transfer.
I immediately did it (my home-banking system gave me the option to withdraw a transfer for the whole working day, till 05:29 P.M.) ... and I saved my 970 € and a lot of troubles, time and nerves.
The sellers disappeared from the Amazon platform the same day,
These people clone the profile of small, regular Amazon sellers and then proceed launching an incredible offer for a few hours: they grab whatever they can, get your money outside from the official and guaranteed Amazon basket, and disappear.
What has been wrong from my side was to accept to pay with a bank transfer. Never do it. Only pay through your basket!
What is wrong from Amazon side is not to pay more attention at what kind of water is passing under their bridges: all the replies were coming through an email account clustered into the Amazon sellers platform, and this is unacceptable! Beware, specially in this Black Friday week end: there are too many occasions that might seem impossible to refuse, and hidden between them there are these scams. I told you... ;)

Reactions: Johnmcl7
I'm relieved you hear you've not found out the hard way that you do not use bank transfers for this of transaction.

Unusually low prices on popular products such as DJI, Apple, Microsoft Surface, GoPros etc. are often a good indicator the seller may be a scam, if it's too good to be true it probably is. The sellers will often lack any suitable feedback because it's either a new account or one that's been hijacked and there also tends to be an e-mail address saying to contact the seller directly to purchase the item.

I don't know what measures Amazon takes behind the scenes but I feel they should be doing a lot more to stop these scam sellers. The fact someone is suddenly selling a large amount of desirable items at much lower prices than anyone else should automatically set a flag that needs a manual review given it's going to save Amazon time later if it's a scam account. I was keeping an eye out for a rare camera second hand so had set up price alerts on Amazon but constantly for months there were obvious scam sellers listing super cheap prices which would trigger my alert. I did mail Amazon to highlight these scam sellers but they never did anything, they would tell me since I hadn't bought anything I had no relationship or to just contact the seller with any questions.

I'm relieved you hear you've not found out the hard way that you do not use bank transfers for this of transaction.

Unusually low prices on popular products such as DJI, Apple, Microsoft Surface, GoPros etc. are often a good indicator the seller may be a scam, if it's too good to be true it probably is. The sellers will often lack any suitable feedback because it's either a new account or one that's been hijacked and there also tends to be an e-mail address saying to contact the seller directly to purchase the item.

I don't know what measures Amazon takes behind the scenes but I feel they should be doing a lot more to stop these scam sellers. The fact someone is suddenly selling a large amount of desirable items at much lower prices than anyone else should automatically set a flag that needs a manual review given it's going to save Amazon time later if it's a scam account. I was keeping an eye out for a rare camera second hand so had set up price alerts on Amazon but constantly for months there were obvious scam sellers listing super cheap prices which would trigger my alert. I did mail Amazon to highlight these scam sellers but they never did anything, they would tell me since I hadn't bought anything I had no relationship or to just contact the seller with any questions.
Thanks for taking the time to comment my post. I learned the lesson, fortunately not in the hardest way. As you say "I don't know what measures Amazon takes behind the scenes but I feel they should be doing a lot more to stop these scam sellers. " Can't agree more with you.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661