DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 pro for photgrammetry

hydrocynus

Reactions
All, I did not own a Mavic before, but I have one now. Since the sensor and the optics are good, then it should rival my phantom 4 pro for photogrammetry. I have other birds for mapping with 4/3 APS-C sensors too.
So, I already asked Pix4D if the mavic 2 pro will soon have Pix4D capture compatible for the mavic and it looks like that is going to take a few months (so more than 2!). Do we know of a software that will allow me to at least plan my mission? Maybe UGCS or dronedeploy? I still will be doing the work in Pix4D.
Thanks if you know!

Reactions: stresspro
The mapsmadeeasy pilot app should let you run custom camera settings I think. Whether it'll run the waypoint mission for the drone is a different story.

I tried using Pix4D initially, but found the mapsmadeeasy app was much more reliable when used with the P4 (no random flyaways like Pix4D, also much greater mission / gimbal control). Is there a reason you're stuck on Pix4D?

Last edited:
Just tried altizure with my mavic 2 pro. It connected but had an error saying the gimbel rotation was not active even though I could control it with the controller wheel.
I also tried pix4d with ctrl dji but couldnt recognize device. Didnt know they hadnt updated it yet.
Im new to photogrammetry so it was my second attempt.
Im also using a galaxy s8+ which may be an andriod issue.

Thanks for the post!

So, I already asked Pix4D if the mavic 2 pro will soon have Pix4D capture compatible for the mavic and it looks like that is going to take a few months (so more than 2!). Do we know of a software that will allow me to at least plan my mission? Maybe UGCS or dronedeploy? I still will be doing the work in Pix4D.
Two things need to happen before you can use a 3rd party program like Pix4D.
1. DJI have to release the SDK for developers - since Litchi is now running a beta version for the Mavic 2, it would seem that this has been done.
2. The developers have to update their program to be compatible with the new drone and its features.
How long this takes depends on the individual software developers.

Reactions: Twice_Knightly
Just tried altizure with my mavic 2 pro. It connected but had an error saying the gimbel rotation was not active even though I could control it with the controller wheel.
I also tried pix4d with ctrl dji but couldnt recognize device. Didnt know they hadnt updated it yet.
Im new to photogrammetry so it was my second attempt.
Im also using a galaxy s8+ which may be an andriod issue.

Thanks for the post!

Hey~ i found there is an Altizure Beta for IOS, You may download it and test your mavic pro2 :cool:

Altizure Beta for iOS is available to download - Forum | Altizure

All, I did not own a Mavic before, but I have one now. Since the sensor and the optics are good, then it should rival my phantom 4 pro for photogrammetry. I have other birds for mapping with 4/3 APS-C sensors too.
Thanks if you know!

Only for Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.droneharmony.planner

Yes, there are several mapping apps available.
But the issues is do any support the Mavic 2 yet.
Just posting more apps won't help anyone unless you've checked and found they are compatible.
They DO support the Mavic 2, since about 2 weeks.
This app is already in use. For my mapping as well.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skydiver75thgrp