DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro Gimbal issues, hints please-

kindmartin

Reactions
HI all, I have a Mavic 2 Pro for months (last shots at
) and a high wind slow motion crash Gimbal movements do no starts. Video works ok, but after turn on the gimbal do no move. I changed the azimut arm/motor/cable. all the rest seems to be ok but do no move the gimbal

here some q for any knows the answer wanting to help me

1- except for the camera, 2pro vs 2zoom have tha same gimbal board and cables? or besides the camera and norrow double arm that for sure are not the same, all the rest are not the same, like video cable and gimbal top board.

2. I tested the body with a working 2pro gimbal from a friend and it works, so I know the drone is ok. the hasselblad camara works ok, so inead ob buy a new 700 usd + gimbal, perhaps I can buy a 2zoom and reuse board and azimut arm/motor.

hints to test or troubleshoot this ?

thanks in advance.

<

HI all, I have a Mavic 2 Pro for months (last shots at
) and a high wind slow motion crash Gimbal movements do no starts. Video works ok, but after turn on the gimbal do no move. I changed the azimut arm/motor/cable. all the rest seems to be ok but do no move the gimbal

here some q for any knows the answer wanting to help me

1- except for the camera, 2pro vs 2zoom have tha same gimbal board and cables? or besides the camera and norrow double arm that for sure are not the same, all the rest are not the same, like video cable and gimbal top board.

2. I tested the body with a working 2pro gimbal from a friend and it works, so I know the drone is ok. the hasselblad camara works ok, so inead ob buy a new 700 usd + gimbal, perhaps I can buy a 2zoom and reuse board and azimut arm/motor.

hints to test or troubleshoot this ?

thanks in advance.
DJI Drone Service may know better, but I would guess the supporting boards on the P and Z gimbals are not interchangeable.

If you're in the US, DDS does free estimates on repairs.

Kindmartin did you try to calibrate the gimbal as bumper asked.
If you did. What was the result?

If you mean you don’t know how:=
In the Go 4 App in camera view, Click on the controller icon top Right. That will bring up the remote controller menu.
Click the icon of the camera with a line below it.
You should see Gimbal Auto Calibration. Click and see what happens.

1. 2pro and 2zoom have the same gimbal board. The only difference is in the firmware.
A firmware update might set things right.

2. If you have disassembled a gimbal and then reassembled you have to re calibrate the gimbal.

Sometimes even re-calibration will not work. In that case you will have to download and install python so that you can run the dji tools program.
In the dji tools program, you need to run the JointCoarse command followed by the LinearHall command..
JointCoarse will flex the gimbal and record the extremes of movement. LinearHall will then centre the camera and point it forwards.
As an extra check re calibrate the gimbal in the GO 4 App.

Last edited:
Kindmartin did you try to calibrate the gimbal as bumper asked.
If you did. What was the result?

If you mean you don’t know how:=
In the Go 4 App in camera view, Click on the controller icon top Right. That will bring up the remote controller menu.
Click the icon of the camera with a line below it.
You should see Gimbal Auto Calibration. Click and see what happens.
From what he wrote, it sounds like the body and thus app is treating it as if the gimbal wasn't there, so he can't do a calibration.
It's definitely not the electronics in the body since the test gimbal works OK.

From what he wrote, it sounds like the body and thus app is treating it as if the gimbal wasn't there, so he can't do a calibration.
It's definitely not the electronics in the body since the test gimbal works OK.
The gimbal board is where the camera firmware is stored. He should use Assistant 2 for Mavic and update the firmware if he has swapped the board.

The code in the dji tools is identical for the zoom and mavic 2 pro.
(WM240 = 23 # Released 2018-08-23 Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom)
but different for other drones.
WM245 = 24 # Released 2018-10-29 Mavic 2 Enterprise
WM246 = 25 # Released 2018-12-20 Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual
WM160 = 26 # Released 2019-10-30 Mavic Mini
WM231 = 27 # Released 2020-04-28 Mavic Air 2

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member