DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro Gimble freakout

Anyone solve this? I know a lot of the issues with the original Mavic's 'gimbal overload' error were fixed by replacing the ribbon cable. Is there an easy fix like this for the M2P?

I'm also leaving in 2 weeks for a big trip and trying to avoid a lengthy DJI repair.

My gimbal freaked out today. Flown over two dozen flights with minor gimble shakes. Temp 25F, low wind. On take off and in flight I got a gimble shake error. Suddenly the gimble freaked out like the vid above. When it stabalized the drone was facing another direction. It affect the yaw so I don't think it is a a simple gimble error. It affected the flight controls. Drone not under warrenty as I bought it off Ebay. Not sure what is causing it but freaked when it affected my flight controls. Did a RTH with no problem. Also, I recorded using game launcher for the first time. It might be a software compatibility issue. Will try another flight next week and do a thorough preflight.

My gimbal freaked out today. Flown over two dozen flights with minor gimble shakes. Temp 25F, low wind. On take off and in flight I got a gimble shake error. Suddenly the gimble freaked out like the vid above. When it stabalized the drone was facing another direction. It affect the yaw so I don't think it is a a simple gimble error. It affected the flight controls. Drone not under warrenty as I bought it off Ebay. Not sure what is causing it but freaked when it affected my flight controls. Did a RTH with no problem. Also, I recorded using game launcher for the first time. It might be a software compatibility issue. Will try another flight next week and do a thorough preflight.

Yikes, hopefully it’s just a one time thing. Mine got a full replacement from DJI. I believe it was the gimble arm motor that was defective.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada