DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro Grand Canyon shot

I don't have a stabilized camera and this is the main reason why I often shoot stills and videos from an hand held drone in order to have a view from the ground that I can mix with my aerial shots on my travel videos. Not only the image will be more steady compared to something shot with my phone but using the same camera will avoid me the assle of colorgrading my footage to make them match in terms of appearance if they were taken with 2 different devices.

So I don't own a camera with a 1" sensor, I don't own a 3 axis stabilized held held camera at all. I
have no Ronin or Osmo or anything of the sort. I use my S20 Ultra and my MA2 for video walkthroughs of houses. I don't fly. I walk it....

Why? You ask...

Well, a lot is above, but because I feel safer walking it.

I know my circumstances are totally different, but there are certain instances that require walking. This shot however, would not have, and hence, likely was aerial.

To each their own I guess, fly from far away I guess, nice shot though. It would be stunning edited, actually I'm gonna edit it.

I've thought about using the MP 2's camera to do indoor panning. With the camera's ability to turn 90 deg left and right, tripod socket in the drone's belly would be perfect. There are other tools and methods to do a job but outside the box ideas are always welcome.

Reactions: itsneedtokno
I've thought about using the MP 2's camera to do indoor panning. With the camera's ability to turn 90 deg left and right, tripod socket in the drone's belly would be perfect. There are other tools and methods to do a job but outside the box ideas are always welcome.
I've just purchased a "Smooth 4" smartphone gimbal stabilizer.

I will be using the S20 inside from now on (4K60 and 16mm)

A few years back I bought a Zhiyun Smooth-Q Handheld Gimbal for Smartphone and I have shot a lot of video on it. For close work, it's hard to beat a stabilized 4K smartphone. I think my Not 20 Ultra might be too long and too heavy for it to handle. I might need to get a newer Zhiyun or DJI's OM4.

Reactions: itsneedtokno
I like how everyone comments about breaking the rules...like you haven't done it yourselves.

Attachments

• 12107866_10200973972906995_8777080434130929752_n_10200973972906995.jpg
    12107866_10200973972906995_8777080434130929752_n_10200973972906995.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 12
And yet, there are people that shoot with their drones while hand holding them. There are even accessories for filming video with them (some gadget with a handle for "steady drone" footage).

One guy was posting still shots to Facebook and I said "Wait, this is a nice shot, but it looks like it's just taken from the ground".

"It is."

"What, you don't have a camera?"

It pissed him off and he went away. I've since heard of a lot of people doing it. <shrug> maybe it's the best camera they own.

What you should be asking is "why do you feel the need to mention that it's unedited, like it's a badge of honor?" I mean. we can see that it's not edited, otherwise it would look a lot better (it's rather flat and the shadows need lifting somethin' fierce).

But yeah, if it wasn't taken from the ground, then shame on you.

Chris
look at you, a Professional! lol

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure