DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro IMU CALIBRATION FAIL

Mic Mac

Reactions
Brand new drone never flown.
Imu Callibration does not complete.. gets stuck on 3/5 screen and jus sits there.
Have watched all turorials but cant pick what im doing wrong.
No warning or error messsge is displayed.
What to do.. jow to get out of that screen.. should i turn off and what sequence

I have seen a thread saying the images of the AC position are incorrect in the app, follow a youtube video and it might work.

Just to settle my curiosity, why are you calibrating the IMU? I'm on my 5th DJI AC in as many years and I've not once had to do an IMU calibration.

Ill try your suggestion... previous threads suggest not doing an imu callibration before first flight could be a reason for fly away and/or sudden crashes.. and should be done after a long distance of travel.. considered china to australia to be that...

Imu Callibration does not complete.. gets stuck on 3/5 screen and jus sits there.
What to do.. jow to get out of that screen.. should i turn off and what sequence
Hi , same here tried for hours.

Followed this video, done in minutes

Ill try your suggestion... previous threads suggest not doing an imu callibration before first flight could be a reason for fly away and/or sudden crashes.. and should be done after a long distance of travel.. considered china to australia to be that...
And many other threads suggest that overwriting the original calibrations are a cause of many flyaways or losses of control. Damned if you do, damned if you don’t! I didn’t, and still have my drone.

Houdy Mic Mac. I do IMU & compass once every few weeks or any time it has the slightest wiggle, never a problem. If I transport

Houdy Mic Mak. I've done the IMU and compass several times and it is not going to cause a fly away, unless you really screw it up and I don't think that's possible as smart as the software is. If I transport it a few hundred miles, or maybe it has a little stability issue, or if its dropped at all, calibrate it.

HOWEVER, the images in the help file are WRONG....wow, that sucks, come on DJI!

Compass works correctly.
Gimble works correctly.

IMU, not so much...sure, SURE, you have it on a level, non metallic, non-magnetic surface. Really make sure. Setting it on the sidewalk will not work, the rebar affects the compass. I use a plastic yard table that I check the level with a carpenters level. Sound like overkill? Nope, your calibrating it, if you do it wrong, that becomes its standard for your next flight.

So, start the IMU calibration and:
1. Start on it's feet camera facing your right (or left, but for this we will use right)
Click the start button, when the green lights on the drone flash a few times quickly...
2. move it on its side with the battery facing you, camera facing left...when the green lights on the drone flash a few times quickly...
3. on its side, battery facing you, camera facing right......when the green lights on the drone flash a few times quickly...
4. on it's butt, battery facing you, camera facing up......when the green lights on the drone flash a few times quickly...
5. On it's back, camera facing left

...when the green lights on the drone flash a few times quickly...it should then say successful.

say OK to restart the drone, go back to sensors and you will notice a very low IMU reading, and both IMU's should be the same.

wow, good luck, it you get confused, reboot the drone and try again...

For anyone just getting one you probably won't need do the IMU calibration unless the app warns you or it doesn't seem stable.
However it's probably a good idea to calibrate the compass for the first flight at your location.
You might not need to do it but provided you choose a good location better safe than sorry, it's easy enough to do and takes about 2 minutes.

You can check both these calibrations are in green zone in the app, but note what you are shown varies due to where you are checking it

The reason compass might need doing is that earth's magnetic field (direction) varies by several degrees from place to place - especially at higher latitudes.
The Mavic would probably manage reasonably well in mot places, but getting conflicting data about where it is and which way it's pointing isn't helpful.

I really don't understand why people are doing IMU calibrations if not asked to do so..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
instaproapk