DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro lens profile for Lightroom?

PC1134

Reactions
In Lightroom, there are a number of stock lens profiles under DJI, but only one for the Mavic Pro. No mention at all of any for the M2P or M2Z models. I searched Adobe's list of camera lens profiles and weirdly, DJI is not listed as such, but instead, PHANTOM is listed as the brand and then all the various models such as PHANTOM, Zen Muse etc, as well as the Mavic Pro profiles. Similarly nothing about the two Mavic 2 models.
Does anyone have any any insights or information that might help me with finding them?

Reactions: TchoaMoura
The lens profile for the Mavic2's is imbedded in the dng file. It should be automatically applied when opening in Lightroom. If the photo dosen't look fisheye like then the profile was applied...

As suggested by the previous poster it probably is ok as is. The test is really to see if the horizon line is reasonably flat, not bowed. This can best be seen if the horizon line is either high in the frame or low. Centered it is much harder to detect. Lightroom allows you to adjust for your particular camera lens.

No 2 lenses are identical, and the profiles are approximate compromises. I have 2 “identical“ lenses for a Nikon. In both cases, the Adobe supplied profile is worse than the uncorrected performance. Both require a custom adjustment for critical use.

Okay, thanks guys. What surprises me however is that a heap of other DJI drone/cameras are listed. Does that infer tbey don't have their profile embedded in the. DNG file, requiring you to manually input it under the Lens Correction in LR?

Seems strange tbey would do tbis for some DJI models but not the latest models? I had presumed Adobe just hadn't caught up with DJI in this instance.

Okay, thanks guys. What surprises me however is that a heap of other DJI drone/cameras are listed. Does that infer tbey don't have their profile embedded in the. DNG file, requiring you to manually input it under the Lens Correction in LR?
Seems strange tbey would do tbis for some DJI models but not the latest models? I had presumed Adobe just hadn't caught up with DJI in this instance.
It may be that this is only with the Hassleblad? Maybe a zoom owner could chime in to see if it is the same for them.

Try looking for the Hasselblad L1D-20 profile rather than a DJI one.....I know ON1 RAW automatically recognizes RAW Photos I have taken on my M2P.

Reactions: TchoaMoura
Earlier models did not have the embedded profile but later ones did.
Does it show a lens profile for the Phantom 4 pro?

Great point, there isn't a profile for the Hasselblad or the Mavic 2 Pro. I have to go into PS and adjust the perspectives manually. Still no updates...

Great point, there isn't a profile for the Hasselblad or the Mavic 2 Pro. I have to go into PS and adjust the perspectives manually. Still no updates...
For several years, the lens correction data has been built-in to the image files and Photoshop or Lightroom read it directly from the image file.
There is no need for you to find a lens profile .. it's already where you need it.

Reactions: anotherlab
In Lightroom, there are a number of stock lens profiles under DJI, but only one for the Mavic Pro. No mention at all of any for the M2P or M2Z models. I searched Adobe's list of camera lens profiles and weirdly, DJI is not listed as such, but instead, PHANTOM is listed as the brand and then all the various models such as PHANTOM, Zen Muse etc, as well as the Mavic Pro profiles. Similarly nothing about the two Mavic 2 models.
Does anyone have any any insights or information that might help me with finding them?
I hope I'm not barking up the wrong tree. It's late and I don't read so well, even when fresh. Also, I never got into using Lightroom as I've been a Capture One Pro user for almost 20 years... But there is a M2P camera profile available here, if this helps...
filmconvert profiles

It may be that this is only with the Hassleblad? Maybe a zoom owner could chime in to see if it is the same for them.
The lens correction is built in for the Mavic 2 Zoom as well. I was worried, now I have one thing less to worry about. We can be happy!

Open a photo in Lightroom > Develop > right side > scroll down to Lens Corrections > Built-in Lens Profile Applied > Click the i.
It will show you the name of the Applied Lens Profile.

The thing is, even though the lens profile is applied, it differs from the JPG version. The JPG version looks a bit more straight on the horizon than the embedded profile.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett