DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro Lost connection and drone is gone

All the way back to to the first home built lithium electric helicopters, long before drones surfaced, I've never lost a machine to a lithium battery failure. I have every DJI drone built, all with the original batteries. There are now even companies now who buy dated industrail lithium batteries and and re-sell them in new battery packs for RV's and such. The only thing that changes with lithium is a small amount of loss from their capacity.

All the Myth of Lithium cycling, handling and fondling of lithium batteries is just that; a Myth.

Don't charge lithium in sub-zero weather, try to avoid discharge to a critical level. Every Lithium battery for drones has a "battery control module" which prevents the cells from "Ever" fully discharging and charging. These secondary low and high buffers are in place to prevent consumer abuse. When you charge to 100% you're only charging to around 80+% in most cases. Swelling is no longer a issue since the BCM will discharge the cells to a safe level during storage. On some lithium cells the high charge level is limited to 80-85% which do not require discharge for storage.

Just use them and charge them - don't over-analyze your drone - they are almost bullet-proof - their worst enemy is the Pilot!

Stay Safe - Mike

www.rvvolt.com
Sounds like you should spend a couple weeks in the section "Mavic Crash & Flyaway Assistance" here at the forum ... both swelling & cell failures with cells falling way below 3v pop up on regular basis there ... especially this time of the year.

Reactions: lee8sec and Droniac
that's a great results so far.
With regards to the DAT file if you are using an RC1B controller it is unlikely that you will have a DAT log on the phone.
If you are using an RC1A then you might have one.
I do not know if the smart controller records one
I love when a life is saved! Amazing help and attention to help from this forum. I’m blown away. Droniac

Reactions: ehje
Sorry for your loss I have thousands of flights never an issue, more than likely just not seated and flew out. Glad you found you machine how bad was it?

Mike
It seemed to have crashed top down, two propellers were missing, lots of mud everywhere, the battery definitely took a hit because while the button still turns on the green lights, it doesn't click down like it should, and there is mud inside the housing.
My main concern is damage to the gymbal, and the possibility that mud has entered the the circuits or motors and will begin to erode the systems.

Not unusual that M2' pilots use a velcro strap for that purpose ...
The rubber band will not be enough if the battery starts to swell and pop,
you are much better off to have the seal that the Wet Suits provide without the hassle of the strap.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain / Snow

Just a short comment about this incident.

I think it is really cool that everyone stepped up and helped this user find his drone.

I hope I never need help but know where to come to if I ever do.
Thanks you to everyone involved in helping the user.

Reactions: Tufargon
Sorry about your Battery issues. After a drop like that you may also be alert to any ESC status errors.
The ESC, controls the speed of the motors which directly alters the in flight aircraft directional changes.
If you want to do a query, on the search function at the upper right hand corner magnifying glass.
Its a great way to find answers from years back, from other pilots on a most subjects we talk about on this forum.

All the way back to to the first home built lithium electric helicopters, long before drones surfaced, I've never lost a machine to a lithium battery failure. I have every DJI drone built, all with the original batteries. There are now even companies now who buy dated industrail lithium batteries and and re-sell them in new battery packs for RV's and such. The only thing that changes with lithium is a small amount of loss from their capacity.

All the Myth of Lithium cycling, handling and fondling of lithium batteries is just that; a Myth.

Don't charge lithium in sub-zero weather, try to avoid discharge to a critical level. Every Lithium battery for drones has a "battery control module" which prevents the cells from "Ever" fully discharging and charging. These secondary low and high buffers are in place to prevent consumer abuse. When you charge to 100% you're only charging to around 80+% in most cases. Swelling is no longer a issue since the BCM will discharge the cells to a safe level during storage. On some lithium cells the high charge level is limited to 80-85% which do not require discharge for storage.

Just use them and charge them - don't over-analyze your drone - they are almost bullet-proof - their worst enemy is the Pilot!

Stay Safe - Mike

www.rvvolt.com
Yup...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada