DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro, Lost prop mid air

Can you post a photo?
I will replace it later this week, can take a photo then. :)

Not that it helps much, or at all, but something just occurred to me. If you still have the bit left behind can you post a GOOD photo of the break surfaces?
The nature of the break surface can often suggest the mechanism behind the failure.
A practising engineer may recognise them.
Looking at the 4th photo the break surface nearest your thumb looks smooth whilst the surface of the other side looks rough and hollowed out.
I have very vague and distant recollections of the former being a characteristic of a fatigue failure i.e. an initial small crack etc. that grows slowly over time and cycles, and the latter a tensile ( and sudden) failure but I only ever saw them in steels.
I have no idea if they leave the same surfaces in this sort of plastic.
I agree with you. I have som more photos on my google drive. Drone Crash - Google Drive

Last edited:
Good news, the manufacturer of the propellers SLF has decided to replace the damaged parts. Unfortunately, when I disassembled the gimbal yesterday, I saw that the yaw arm is also bend. So I'll have to order it too from China, but I guess I have to pay for it myself. I can not bear to make another complain hehe.

I hope you get some compensation out of the manufacturer.

As others have said, a good reminder about where I fly.

I didn't notice what props you were using so this is just my personal thoughts. I am often tempted to try 3rd party props from lets say MAS, I have no doubt they are good however, I stick with the OEMs as I don't need the guilt factor if something goes wrong. I have a 3d printer and see people print their own props. Again, not for me.

As for prop cleaning? I lick my fingers and run them across the blades, that also checks for cracks etc.

Good news, the manufacturer of the propellers SLF has decided to replace the damaged parts. Unfortunately, when I disassembled the gimbal yesterday, I saw that the yaw arm is also bend. So I'll have to order it too from China, but I guess I have to pay for it myself. I can not bear to make another complain hehe.
Excellent result.👍

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MacPilot55