DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

mavic 2 pro noise reduction propeller nightmare

hi all.
i recently ordered gold tipped noise reducing propellers on amazon. i figured why not especially since they said they were sold by dji.
long story short, my drone was in the air for less than a minute with the new props. immediately started acting weird so i proceeded to bring it down. at about 15 feet the drone tilts left and crashes straight into the bushes, rocks, and sand.
gimbal definitely had some contact and now the gimbal seems to be unaligned, does not do the normal calibration when turned on, and does not move from the rc wheels. I have gotten no gimbal overload warnings and the video feed still works fine.
any information on how/what to fix is greatly appreciated.
thank you in advance.
You may have got genuine 8331 DJI 'quiet' prop's - BUT - I'm assuming that you are posting this in the Mavic 2 Pro section of the Forum, because you have a Mavic 2 Pro - Yes?
If that's the case, then if you have the DJI 8331 quiet (gold tipped) prop's - they are definitely not compatible with the Mavic 2 Pro!
At this stage, there is only one DJI stock set of prop's for the M2P, and tho' you may get 3rd party copies, they will be the same shape as the stock-standard DJI prop' type.
DJI 's quiet prop's are 8331 spec' (8.3" diameter x 3.1" pitch). The M2Pro prop's are 8743 (8.7" diameter x 4.3" pitch) ...
dji_mavic_propellers_difference-1024x683.jpg If you have these prop's - they are for the original Mavic [1] Pro. (8330 and 8331 prop's)

M2P_props.jpg If you have these prop's, they are for the Mavic 2 Pro (8743 prop's)

heres the link. i know it says amazetech or something, but it also says "by dji" so me being new to the game i figured this was a reputable set to get and not going to lie, i wanted the useless bags too.

Maybe I’m missing something but that appears to be a flatly fraudulent listing, claiming to be “by DJI” and including “OEM” in the product #.

(Assuming they’re not just reselling the proper OEM props in “Amazetech” packaging.)

Maybe I’m missing something but that appears to be a flatly fraudulent listing, claiming to be “by DJI” and including “OEM” in the product #.

(Assuming they’re not just reselling the proper OEM props in “Amazetech” packaging.)

Some companies are just ruthless. You do have to read the fine print. "DJI compatible" or "works with DJI" does not mean it's OEM DJI.

Reactions: mnis and 430Ferrari
Some companies are just ruthless. You do have to read the fine print. "DJI compatible" or "works with DJI" does not mean it's OEM DJI.
I agree completely and am always careful buying anything off Amazon. But by stating “By DJI” at the top I think it crosses the line into fraud (again, unless they are, but that would be strange to repackage them and resell them for a lower price). Not sure how that got past Amazon.

I agree completely and am always careful buying anything off Amazon. But by stating “By DJI” at the top I think it crosses the line into fraud (again, unless they are, but that would be strange to repackage them and resell them for a lower price). Not sure how that got past Amazon.

I think if enough people complain, the seller would be banished from Amazon. Problem is, he might just open another store the next day under a different name and start doing it again.

Reactions: 430Ferrari
You are being too kind @brett8883 - Bottom line on this one is that the prop's advertised by this company on Amazon.com, are DEFINITELY NOT for the Mavic 2 Pro series. No matter what the build quality is - these are Mavic Pro Platinum ('quiet') prop's [8331's], and that's enough to complain about and raise all the red flags!
I'd not buy a critical component for my Mavic, from a company that doesn't know what the component is for!

The only time I have bought non-DJI props was to educate me on what to look for if in case I was sold FAKES. Yes, I did learn how to differentiate them. I have always paid between $22-$25 for the real deal.....You have to get into a mindset knowing that these 4 plastic parts is one way insuring that my AC Is going to fly right.....I will not put a pair of fakes on my motors....

heres the link. i know it says amazetech or something, but it also says "by dji" so me being new to the game i figured this was a reputable set to get and not going to lie, i wanted the useless bags too.

From the link you supplied it says they are made from AmazeTech, they include the blue velvet storage bag to lure you in and buy them. They are not made by DJI sadly

Reactions: mnis
I’ll have to back track off my earlier statement. In the Chinese manufacturing world OEM means they are a clone of the original.

If it says “original” or “authentic” that means that they are made by the original manufacturer. I know this is very different from car parts but that’s just how the translation had worked out I guess.

Now I am not defending the seller in any way but it looks to me like the product is correctly labeled as a clone “OEM” which most of us would call “fakes”. the picture is correct but the product listed is incorrect which could be a mistake but still worthy of a complaint.

I just bought these on amazon no problem because I knew what to look for. I wanted genuine DJI 8331 props for the Mavic Pro Platinum. I found some that said they were genuine I confirmed that the picture showed the product I wanted, I checked the reviews, and the price was also correct(not too low).
Genuine DJI 8331 props MPP

They came in the original sealed box from DJI and that was that. So my point is Amazon isn’t a bad place to buy this stuff but we as consumers have to just be aware of what to look for. That doesn’t make this the ops fault I’m not saying that, I’m saying it’s the sellers fault but I am just saying that there are things we can do to make sure we are purchasing the correct item.

I first planned to purchase third-party low-noise-props for my M2P right after I received the drone. However, after I examined the original DJI props (I have 2 sets) and recognized their outstanding production quality, I refrained from the purchase. Instead I carefully deflashed the leading edges of the prop blades preventing any further damage to the blade profile. After this little modification my M2P is flying flawlessly accompanied by a smooth prop noise (imho).

not familiar with "defllashing" - would you mind expounding on this a bit? cheers

not familiar with "defllashing" - would you mind expounding on this a bit? cheers
Taking the excess plastic moulding residue off the blades (usually using a bit of fine-grade sandpaper).

Reactions: DJI DelBoy and mnis
Cannot believe people are still putting cheap non DJI props on their drones, a fool and their money, we all know the rest!

Reactions: ZooCougar

Do the world a favor and post a very descriptive and detailed negative review of your experience on Amazon. Post pictures. This way the review will look really credible as you are a verified buyer.

Secondly, I would contact Amazon Customer Service and do yourself a favor. I work for Amazon and even though I don’t work directly with Customer Service, I know firsthand how obsessed we are with the customer. You never know what you might get from that call. Stuff like this will get pulled from the inventory of they get enough similar complaints.

I wish Amazon would quit mixing reviews and questions in products. I found this:

None of the questions relate to this product.

By the way, OEM stands for Original Equipment Manufacturer.

I’ve purchased props off Amazon by that same seller and from what I can tell they are genuine DJI. I purchased from another seller and the props also appeared genuine, although there were slight differences in the way letters appeared on the packaging. Unfortunately there are so many knock-offs nowadays it’s extremely difficult to tell them apart from the original products. Some cloners go to extremes (copying every little detail down to the holographic stickers) to make it appear as if it’s genuine.

The Mavic 2 Pro low-noise original props have part number 8743F — the ones shown in the Amazon listing definitely are not (the number is embossed on the edges). It looks like the seller mucked the description (incorrect props for Mavic 2 Pro) and that’s the entire problem.

2cfd8889fa2a2a0b9fc78aa371667065.jpg

Props that came with Mavic 2 Pro, next to Amazon (Amazetech) purchase.

e5862ed46ee9532b88ecc6d1129e76be.jpg

Two Amazon purchases, different sellers. Notice the slight font weight differences and letter spacing in places. The manufacturing date was one month difference, so maybe that’s why, but tough to say why they differ.

Last edited:
Reactions: supershark.e
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seaphotos