DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

mavic 2 pro noise reduction propeller nightmare

supershark.e

Reactions
hi all.
i recently ordered gold tipped noise reducing propellers on amazon. i figured why not especially since they said they were sold by dji.
long story short, my drone was in the air for less than a minute with the new props. immediately started acting weird so i proceeded to bring it down. at about 15 feet the drone tilts left and crashes straight into the bushes, rocks, and sand.
gimbal definitely had some contact and now the gimbal seems to be unaligned, does not do the normal calibration when turned on, and does not move from the rc wheels. I have gotten no gimbal overload warnings and the video feed still works fine.
any information on how/what to fix is greatly appreciated.
thank you in advance.

Do you have a link to the ad where you bought them? Its possible that they were not OEM DJI props.

I have accidentally bought fake props before and within a few seconds I could tell that the drone did not fly right. Thats before I started to be very careful about who I buy props from.

Do you have a link to the ad where you bought them? Its possible that they were not OEM DJI props.

I have accidentally bought fake props before and within a few seconds I could tell that the drone did not fly right. Thats before I started to be very careful about who I buy props from.
heres the link. i know it says amazetech or something, but it also says "by dji" so me being new to the game i figured this was a reputable set to get and not going to lie, i wanted the useless bags too.

I know this may seem obvious... but did you check to make sure all props were locked in tight? Sometimes they don’t lock correctly and that will crash a drone.
yeah, I definitely had them locked in, and locked in correctly. as nerdy as it is, i have a minor check list i go over before i send it. listened to a few podcasts that mention using check lists for the basics, can save and prevent unnecessary accidents no matter what it is you may be doing.

Some of these vendors are sly. They say "For DJI" but not "by" DJI. The price they are selling them at was a giveaway to me. $11.00 for 4 props is half of what OEM DJI props sell for.

Here is the ad on Amazon for the Amazetech fake DJI props:

Amazetech fake props.jpg

Here is an ad for a reputable vendor. It is B and H Photo. Always OEM DJI.

DJILow-Noise Propellers for Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom/Enterprise (One Pair)

Some of these vendors are sly. They say "For DJI" but not "by" DJI. The price they are selling them at was a giveaway to me. $11.00 for 4 props is half of what OEM DJI props sell for.

Here is the ad on Amazon for the Amazetech fake DJI props:

View attachment 68540

Here is an ad for a reputable vendor. It is B and H Photo. Always OEM DJI.

DJILow-Noise Propellers for Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom/Enterprise (One Pair)

i actually paid $18, but i appreciate you clearing that up for me.

unfortunately it’s not really worth flying for me with my gimbal being messed up. might just rubber band it facing down. whale season is coming to an end and i’m desperate. if you have any suggestions on what i might do to fix it please lmk.

thanks

So, props were $18, new gimbal may go up to $600 - no need to rub it in, but, i guess, the lesson here is obvious... I second b&h reference. Props, batteries - you got to pay extra attention to seller's reputation and be sure you get oem parts or parts that were tested by many many ppl and proven reliable.

Those are Mavic Pro Platinum props not Mavic 2 props which why the issue occurred. The Mavic 2s props have a flat pointy winglet and the MMP do not have a winglet and are more rounded

Thats a keen observation. The seller was advertising them as M2 props. If an unsuspecting buyer, such as the OP, bought them, it could be disastrous.

Lol, so spend at least $100 so I can get it here for free. Probably get a pair here tomorrow for free with amazon, just gotta make sure I order the DJI brand. I’ve read to many bad stories about other pilots having problems with blades that are not DJI brand

I paid $25 for set of 4. They arrived in 2 white DJI boxes, paired in black sleeves. It’s not worth me saving $15 to risk manufacturing / material differences.

Although they may look the same, there are many different plastics, as well as different types of molding machines.

Like paying 1/3 for a set of performance tires...

I bought a set of low noise props from Masterscrew for my air and have had no problems. I did have to change the gain but that was recommended when buying the props. So far so good over a dozen flights.probably more :)

Reactions: mnis
I read a ton of horror stories that start “When I put on the after market props ...” and none that say “When I put on the DJI props ...”; so why take the chance unless you just like to live life vicariously. That, I understand.

I'm not sure if Amazon would do this, but they stand behind their products. If you can prove to them that the props were fake You might be able to ask them to pay for the damage to your drone and refund you the money for the props. They have gone out of their way in some cases to make things right.

I first planned to purchase third-party low-noise-props for my M2P right after I received the drone. However, after I examined the original DJI props (I have 2 sets) and recognized their outstanding production quality, I refrained from the purchase. Instead I carefully deflashed the leading edges of the prop blades preventing any further damage to the blade profile. After this little modification my M2P is flying flawlessly accompanied by a smooth prop noise (imho).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whathesaid