DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

mavic 2 pro noise reduction propeller nightmare

Ah, makes sense, thanks. Do you know what the “F” signifies?

Sorry, no idea. Silver ringed-ones are labelled 8743F, and the other ones are labelled 8743F CW (clockwise) so it's not rotation.
Perhaps it refers to "Folding".

Reactions: Aether
Sorry, no idea. Silver ringed-ones are labelled 8743F, and the other ones are labelled 8743F CW (clockwise) so it's not rotation.
Perhaps it refers to "Folding".
Exactly what the F stands for - yes

Reactions: Aether
Some of these vendors are sly. They say "For DJI" but not "by" DJI. The price they are selling them at was a giveaway to me. $11.00 for 4 props is half of what OEM DJI props sell for.

Here is the ad on Amazon for the Amazetech fake DJI props:

View attachment 68540

Here is an ad for a reputable vendor. It is B and H Photo. Always OEM DJI.

DJILow-Noise Propellers for Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom/Enterprise (One Pair)
Note to mention only 3 reviews with the average only 3 1/2 stars. With a devices as expensive as the Mavic, why risk it.

Afraid if its cheap its no good, nothing is cheap without a whole load of headaches. Ive just bought my first drone and its a mavic 2 pro, just ordered a shed load of parts for it after seeking advice here. On top of the cost of the drone Ive bought 4 batteries, 2 spare sets of props, a charging hub, car charger, filter set, case and landing pad, plus the controller with the built in screen, all from DJI direct, No intention of taking any chances with a 1.3k drone. Hope you get your dosh back from amazon, they are pretty helpful here in the UK. Good luck, happy flying

I’d like to point out that M2 stock props ARE low noise, so there’s no need for anyone to go off searching to replace them with new low noise props if the low noise feature is their only motivation.

Read the description of the stock props on DJI’s website and you’ll see they’re described as low noise.

I will never make a $18 gamble with my $1500 equipment. I will just keep my **** stock.

Sounds like the original poster has a damaged ribbon cable. Will need to send the AC in for repair OR attempt to repair himself.
Keep us posted on your progress.

Reactions: supershark.e
I first planned to purchase third-party low-noise-props for my M2P right after I received the drone. However, after I examined the original DJI props (I have 2 sets) and recognized their outstanding production quality, I refrained from the purchase. Instead I carefully deflashed the leading edges of the prop blades preventing any further damage to the blade profile. After this little modification my M2P is flying flawlessly accompanied by a smooth prop noise (imho).
What’s deflashed? And how do you do it?

heres the link. i know it says amazetech or something, but it also says "by dji" so me being new to the game i figured this was a reputable set to get and not going to lie, i wanted the useless bags too.

Actually, it says, "Compatible with Mavic 2 pro and Mavic Zoom by DJI", not the props themselves. Sorry for your loss. Sadly, DJI will have issues covering any warranty because you used 3rd party equipment on the drone. I do agree with the others that suggest that the Amazon seller or Amazon themselves be made responsible in that the seller plainly indicates Mavic 2 and Zoom.

Last edited:
The vendor was especially sly and manipulative by giving the part name OEM 8743, with the obvious implication that they are Origibal Equipment Manufacturer.

Whee did you buy your drone? You may get help from them. I'd also agree that contacting Amazon is a good idea. I've been amazed at how far they'll go to take care of their customers. It's worth a try for sure.

53 responses after and all you guys talked about are the props when the OP wanted help about his problematic gimbal. ?

OP, if you really need to fly it now and take videos of whales, tape the gimbal facing down, take videos and send to repair after. Otherwise send it for repairs now.

Too many people here with so much time in their hands and just replies without even understanding what the real concern is. Smh

I bought on Amazon a set of 8 carbon fiber low noise props for my Mavic Air, and tried them out in my home. After 1 minute of stationary flight, the drone ended up on my couch (lucky soft surface) and one of the props went flying up to the ceiling. The retainer hands of the prop had broken. So I tried a replacement prop, thinking this was just bad luck. The drone was hovering for just a few seconds and another one broke lose.

I normally fly and shot pics over the sea, I can only think how bad this could have ended up with the increased risk of losing a prop during manoeuvers.

My advice, only buy props from DJI, or from suppliers with a serious reputation, and stay away from any of these no-names vendors

Sorry for your Gimbal, hope you can fix it. If you took the DJI Care Refresh protection, that should be covered repair.

Hoping you can resolve your gimbal issue promptly :)

heres the link. i know it says amazetech or something, but it also says "by dji" so me being new to the game i figured this was a reputable set to get and not going to lie, i wanted the useless bags too.

The reviews on those props are terrible.

Hey, sorry for the late reply and much appreciation for your offer. Not sure if you are still willing to give me some advice or at least guide me in the correct direction with regards to fixing my gimbal, but here are some pictures. the camera itself rotates smooth and as if nothing is bent or damaged, but has shifted to the right of the drone (drone on its back) and gets caught on the lip as marked in picture. the video feed still work as well. thanks again for getting back to me.

IMG_8488.jpegIMG_8488.jpegIMG_8489.jpegIMG_8490.jpegIMG_8492.jpegIMG_8493.jpegIMG_8494.jpeg

The reviews on those props are terrible.
those are the same as I ended up with but they have a couple listings of the product and the one that I purchased from had 19 reviews with 4.something stars. 19 reviews isn't much, but I fell for it.

I bought on Amazon a set of 8 carbon fiber low noise props for my Mavic Air, and tried them out in my home. After 1 minute of stationary flight, the drone ended up on my couch (lucky soft surface) and one of the props went flying up to the ceiling. The retainer hands of the prop had broken. So I tried a replacement prop, thinking this was just bad luck. The drone was hovering for just a few seconds and another one broke lose.

I normally fly and shot pics over the sea, I can only think how bad this could have ended up with the increased risk of losing a prop during manoeuvers.

My advice, only buy props from DJI, or from suppliers with a serious reputation, and stay away from any of these no-names vendors

Sorry for your Gimbal, hope you can fix it. If you took the DJI Care Refresh protection, that should be covered repair.

Hoping you can resolve your gimbal issue promptly :)
You may have got genuine 8331 DJI 'quiet' prop's - BUT - I'm assuming that you are posting this in the Mavic 2 Pro section of the Forum, because you have a Mavic 2 Pro - Yes?
If that's the case, then if you have the DJI 8331 quiet (gold tipped) prop's - they are definitely not compatible with the Mavic 2 Pro!
At this stage, there is only one DJI stock set of prop's for the M2P, and tho' you may get 3rd party copies, they will be the same shape as the stock-standard DJI prop' type.
DJI 's quiet prop's are 8331 spec' (8.3" diameter x 3.1" pitch). The M2Pro prop's are 8743 (8.7" diameter x 4.3" pitch) ...
View attachment 68664 If you have these prop's - they are for the original Mavic [1] Pro. (8330 and 8331 prop's)

View attachment 68665 If you have these prop's, they are for the Mavic 2 Pro (8743 prop's)
thank you for the info. the description on the sellers listing said something like "compatible with Mavic 2 pro". it also said it was sold by dpi so I assumed it was legit.

There’s the problem. It doesn’t say the props are made by DJI, it says “Amaztech props for DJI Mavic 2 Pro.” The M2P comes with low noise props. This company is trying to sell you something you don’t need, and apparently they don’t do it very well. Sorry for your crash, but I guess lesson learned.

Reactions: Wyojet
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Distantdoc