DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

mavic 2 pro noise reduction propeller nightmare

hi all.
i recently ordered gold tipped noise reducing propellers on amazon. i figured why not especially since they said they were sold by dji.
long story short, my drone was in the air for less than a minute with the new props. immediately started acting weird so i proceeded to bring it down. at about 15 feet the drone tilts left and crashes straight into the bushes, rocks, and sand.
gimbal definitely had some contact and now the gimbal seems to be unaligned, does not do the normal calibration when turned on, and does not move from the rc wheels. I have gotten no gimbal overload warnings and the video feed still works fine.
any information on how/what to fix is greatly appreciated.
thank you in advance.

I guess that’s what they mean when DJI says to use only genuine DJI replacement parts!

53 responses after and all you guys talked about are the props when the OP wanted help about his problematic gimbal. ?

OP, if you really need to fly it now and take videos of whales, tape the gimbal facing down, take videos and send to repair after. Otherwise send it for repairs now.

Too many people here with so much time in their hands and just replies without even understanding what the real concern is. Smh
Read the OP @beejAMG - the very first sentence says "i recently ordered gold tipped noise reducing propellers on amazon. i figured why not especially since they said they were sold by dji." If you want to contribute - please do so - if not, leave those to it who are trying to help ...

Sounds like the original poster has a damaged ribbon cable. Will need to send the AC in for repair OR attempt to repair himself.
Keep us posted on your progress.

one of the latest replies ever, but thank you for answering my question. i should have kept my post simple.. could have avoided some of the i’m an idiot reminders. just got back to the states, going to give the ribbon cable a go on my own. thanks again.

one of the latest replies ever, but thank you for answering my question. i should have kept my post simple.. could have avoided some of the i’m an idiot reminders. just got back to the states, going to give the ribbon cable a go on my own. thanks again.

Some great Youtube videos of guys replacing both video and ribbon cables.
I'd watch them multiple times. Those cables have to be routed just right!

Reactions: supershark.e
Read the OP @beejAMG - the very first sentence says "i recently ordered gold tipped noise reducing propellers on amazon. i figured why not especially since they said they were sold by dji." If you want to contribute - please do so - if not, leave those to it who are trying to help ...

Do you know how to read or do you even understand english at all?

Op doesnt care about the props which is all you numbnuts talk about.

He wants help about his damaged gymbal. Read back and stop posting if you cant understand simple english.

Reactions: supershark.e
Do you know how to read or do you even understand english at all?

Op doesnt care about the props which is all you numbnuts talk about.

He wants help about his damaged gymbal. Read back and stop posting if you cant understand simple english.
I not only understand "simple English" - I also understand quite complex English too! ... (I also understand where the apostrophe goes in "can't")
Thanks for identifying yourself as somebody to leave to their own rant in this forum! ...

i actually paid $18, but i appreciate you clearing that up for me.

unfortunately it’s not really worth flying for me with my gimbal being messed up. might just rubber band it facing down. whale season is coming to an end and i’m desperate. if you have any suggestions on what i might do to fix it please lmk.

thanks
Take thunderdrones advice...........He has repaired many of our drones on this forum....trust wothy and honest.

I not only understand "simple English" - I also understand quite complex English too! ... (I also understand where the apostrophe goes in "can't")
Thanks for identifying yourself as somebody to leave to their own rant in this forum! ...

Yeah yeah, sure sure.

If you understand english. Youd know that OP was asking help about his damaged gymbal and not the props.

Yeah yeah, sure sure.

If you understand english. Youd know that OP was asking help about his damaged gymbal and not the props.
Sure @beejAMG - the clue was in the title to the post i.e.
Reading that, I don't know how I didn't see that this was all about a gimbal problem ... :eek:

And while we're on English (noun with a Capital please note), you might have a look at where to use a comma rather than a full stop, check where you need to put that apostrophe in "You'd", and check your spelling for "gimbal" ... Otherwise, Professor, go ahead and criticise my use of English ...

Reading that, I don't know how I didn't see that this was all about a gimbal problem ... :eek:

And while we're on English (noun with a Capital please note), you might have a look at where to use a comma rather than a full stop, check where you need to put that apostrophe in "You'd", and check your spelling for "gimbal" ... Otherwise, Professor, go ahead and criticise my use of English ...

Hahaha, yeah, i bet you stopped reading after you read the title and went...“oh oh oh, a prop issue, i know all about props!” Bwahahaha

Try to comprehend a lil.

Here you go kiddo, i highlighted the most important part of the original post for you.

Or i can add more colors if that helps more with your comprehension. I heard colors works well with slow people.

Next time, TRY reading past through the TITLE. Might help you build up your comprehension a lil. Oh but then again in your case...you might have to TRY REALLY HARD.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_