DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro: obstacle avoidance warning display - can somebody explain me how it works?

mtb.matysek

Reactions
Can somebody explain me what does the obstacle warning display shows exactly? I tried to search the web but suprisingly did not try any good answer or tutorial:

1) what are those green/orange/red bars? I understand they are showing that there may be some obstacle around my drone however what do they really show - is there any scale - i.e. green is XX m, orange is X m, red is X m?
2) why do the green/orange/res bars have 4-5 horizontal and 2-3 vertical segments? Sometimes there are just a few middle bars popping put, sometimes have many colorful lines. Trying to find some clear answer other than just “look at the distance shown” and that is all...maybe I just care too much but I like to understand my device really deeply
3) does the obstacle warning bars show only forward (upper bars) and backwards (bars in lower part of display)? Any way how to show lateral (did not see anything in Tripod mode and have not tried active track) and upper and lower obstacle sensors warning?

Thanks guys for explaining me my confusion...

Last edited:
Yes the color represent the distance from your obstacle so green mean thé drone is safe but an obstacle was detected 5 meters at least in front of you orange you get Closer and red thé drone did not let you Closer to the obstacle
When you flight at low speed it gets the Time so show you a lot of segments with différent color but at high speed Time to détect the obstacle you sometimes have only two or three color segment

Reactions: Inspirephil
An easy way to check what the colours mean, is to simply hover your Mavic 2 Pro at about head-height in a flat, wide-open space, and walk up to it while watching the Go 4 display. That will give you an indication of what OA colours, stripes & warnings come up at what distances ...

An easy way to check what the colours mean, is to simply hover your Mavic 2 Pro at about head-height in a flat, wide-open space, and walk up to it while watching the Go 4 display. That will give you an indication of what OA colours, stripes & warnings come up at what distances ...
Does Mavic 2 shows only front and back sensors or also top/down and lateral? So far I have just seen indicators on the top of the screen (=front?) and bottom (=back?).

Yes front and back for the screen in P mode when you are in Tripod mode you have left and right segment also

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan