DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro out of control, crashed into lake... help?

No, it's certainly not.
My guess would be, if they were all shipped from Atlanta, that they have a batch of drones with malfunctioning sensors and somehow you got "lucky" to always receive some of them. But that's just a wild speculation, however 3 times the same problem with a replacement is more than frustrating.

Keep my fingers crossed for you, I don't have any tips how to escalate this ...
Did you try to post it directly in the DJI forum? Maybe someone of their admins will take care of it personally ...

What a frustrating story. I used my Refresh once on my Inspire and it took 6-weeks. I feel your "Groundhog Day" pain.

This is an extreme longshot but I wonder if they allow you go to Best Buy or Costco and buy a drone (that you inspected to make sure the sensors were mounted correctly) and then credit you for that purchase once you sent the defective one back? I doubt they'd do this but it would be a good way for you to see what you are getting before going home with it. Because of the number of times you'd had it replaced you might have some leverage with them if you get a bit pushy about it and get them to agree to this.

This is probably not going to help either but I know that if I fly my MPP with pontoons that I have to disable the 'Landing Projection.' I don't have a M2P but I assume you can disable the sensors. Have you tried disabling all of them and seeing how the flying goes? Then, with them still disabled, pull the battery and let it sit for a while to dump residual current. I'm thinking about this like other electronic equipment that goes haywire and needs a reboot. Then, put a battery back in and re-enable the sensors and see if maybe it clears the glitch. This is a stretch but it might be worth a try.

Thank you! Yeah, mine are definitely more recessed than that. I don’t understand how I’ve ended up with 3 straight with this problem. How can I escalate this with DJI to a higher degree? It isn’t right to be out this long.
Sometimes contacting a moderator on the DJI Action/drone forums can help. They can check out case numbers and intervene.

This might inadvertently be for the Action but you can navigate around.

Wow, although always replaced, that gives me a headache and I certainly understand your frustration and anxiety of the quality.
However, I would still put her up in the sky and see if these strange errors come to show. DJI however will have the upper hand in this process.
i think mine have sensors in the same spot, for what it matters - M2Z and M2P.

2019-10-01 10.19.06.jpg2019-10-01 10.17.48.jpg

Since you seemed to be game to having the sensors as they are, as long as the system works, did you try calibrating the sensors? When doing the calibration, it shows you exactly what the camera sees, though in mono when they are stereoscopic.
If there is a sensor alignment issue, I would think the calibration would indicate an error if not correctable.

Reactions: BudWalker

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas