DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 pro poor flight distance 2,260 feet

otisbrazwell

Reactions
Maximum flight 2,260 feet any weather , wide open sight, fully charged. Loss of signal, lagging picture, frozen picture . Red warning comes on. This happens at any hight . There’s now way mp2 has a 5 mile range. My mavic pro will fly farther. Birds brand new. Any thoughts ?

Ok so it’s not on beginner mode. Let me say if I fly on the beach and fly out to Dutch island 3/4 miles it loses signal at 2,265 or so feet I can fly it back or R t h and it will land we’re launched. Picture freezes and lags out at 2,265 feet . So all the mp 2 pilots here have birds that fly same ? Mavic pro flys farther from what I have seen

Reactions: Live LA
Ok so it’s not on beginner mode. Let me say if I fly on the beach and fly out to Dutch island 3/4 miles it loses signal at 2,265 or so feet I can fly it back or R t h and it will land we’re launched. Picture freezes and lags out at 2,265 feet . So all the mp 2 pilots here have birds that fly same ? Mavic pro flys farther from what I have seen
Could be many things like interference or video cashe to phone disabled wifi?

You’re not flying with a modified remote are you?

Check to see if you are on dual band, 2.4 or 5.8ghz?

I can say my M2P goes way beyond the distance you’re having a problem with.

New mp2 with controller that came with bird. 5 miles well if I flew in a circle out to 2,265 feet or so . I went to my flight recorded and ran it and you can see were the mp 2 has problems out at 2,265 or so, red warning is on at that point I can fly back out of it or hit r t h bird will fly back and land exactly we’re launched . As fare as pictured or movie at 2,265 feet that’s blurry and frozen

What altitude are you flying at? If you are to low at distance, you will get more interference and dropped signal will happen. Try flying at 300-400 feet. If its still losing signal, you might want to send it back to where you bought it from. Good luck my friend...

Maximum flight 2,260 feet any weather , wide open sight, fully charged. Loss of signal, lagging picture, frozen picture . Red warning comes on. This happens at any hight . There’s now way mp2 has a 5 mile range. My mavic pro will fly farther. Birds brand new. Any thoughts ?
You can go into settings for the aircraft and set maximum distance to as much as 10k meters (almost 6 miles). If you do fly that far out be sure you have lighting to allow VLOS and watch you battery guage closely so you don’t get caught without enough battery to get home.

So it was an RTFM issue ?? :)

my heart starts pounding and serious pucker effect every time I get around 1200 ft, at 1800 ft i have to change my underwear. 8 of 10 I get some kind of disconnect, warning going out that far regardless of where I am, Ive been wide open wyoming, utah, oahu hawii canada,,. after 1000 ft with the SC its inevitable i never push past it Read the previous posts, i generally fly around 150-250 ft. I dont have beginner mode on and Sc set to dual band

Last edited:
I had this exact thing happen one time when I flew a borrowed drone using the person's underpowered Android phone as the display. The problem wasn't Android (vs. IOS), but instead the fact that it didn't have enough CPU speed. This not only made the display choppy, but since the CPU couldn't keep up, all the controller functions got fouled up and the drone wouldn't go very far.

So, you need a relatively modern (built in the last 2-3 years) phone or tablet, and one that is relatively fast.

Exactly what make make and model phone or tablet are you using?

Last edited:
Every time I got out to a place far away from the city, with little or no interference and I am on a hill I get better flight distance. I love flying around lakes and recreation areas from hills around the lakes.

Reactions: dronerdave
Note that the antenna on the controller must be aligned properly with the drone. See your manual. It is easy to knock the antennae out of alignment while messing with the controller. First thing to check.

well flew again today same flight altitude was 285 feet distance was 2296 feet to check deer out in a field. when I droped down to take pictures at 175 feet lost connection with mavic pro 2 and controller. flew up and it came back on to high to take pictures of ant size deer. so I spent many hours with dji chat and customer service . I have care refresh bought the mavic pro 2 new last month $1300 plus care refresh $136..found out through chat the controller is not covered by any thing. dji has no phone were you can talk to humans. mavic pro 2 will go 5 miles in a circle like 2250 feet thats it. mines not going back as they charge 65 per hour. I guess am not happy and all you guys that dont fly out of sight try it you will have same problem

I had this exact thing happen one time when I flew a borrowed drone using the person's underpowered Android phone as the display. The problem wasn't Android (vs. IOS), but instead the fact that it didn't have enough CPU speed. This not only made the display choppy, but since the CPU couldn't keep up, all the controller functions got fouled up and the drone wouldn't go very far.

So, you need a relatively modern (built in the last 2-3 years) phone or tablet, and one that is relatively fast.

Exactly what make make and model phone or tablet are you using?
I phone 6

Did you extend the flight distance in the drone preferences? I set mine to 8000 yards. Don’t fly that far away, but works fine in remote Arizona desert when tested. I routinely get out a mile at dawn, dusk , and twilight with my stock M2P.

Reactions: JS1600
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98