DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro - price increase!

Are there tariffs on the M2P now?

That's what I was thinking, the MP 2 probably doesn't have a tariff, but they may be getting materials that are now being tariffed. Even if they are not being tariffed, it would be a great excuse to raise prices anyway.

Last edited:
I am among those who wanted to wait before to get the Pro 2. And even now I don't regret having done that. The extra $$ for the price is not what I was worried about, but instead it was all the bugs & crash of the Mavic 2 reported so far. So I am going to wait some more, and enjoy my Mavic Platinum in the meantime, which is STILL an awesome drone. :p

If tariffs were the cause I think we would see an across the board increase on everything.

MP1 has not gone up and neither has the batteries for the MP1.

The effect of tariffs are just starting, the results won't happen overnight. As of yesterday we put tariffs on $200,000,000 of Chinese products, they countered with $60,000,000 of tariffs on us.

If tariffs were the cause I think we would see an across the board increase on everything.

MP1 has not gone up and neither has the batteries for the MP1.

Assuming MP1 production is complete and most of the remaining stock is in the destination country for final sale, I don't think the price will go up due to tariffs as I do not believe the tariffs are retroactive at all. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

MP2 I could definitely see being affected.

Assuming MP1 production is complete and most of the remaining stock is in the destination country for final sale, I don't think the price will go up due to tariffs as I do not believe the tariffs are retroactive at all. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

MP2 I could definitely see being affected.
The price of spark, Mavic air, Inspire, phantoms, osmo and accessories didn't go up.

Prices of Mavic 2, went up in other countries too, not only us.

Prices of Mavic 2, went up in other countries too, not only us.
I only noticed the Pro model went up in price, the Zoom stayed at its current rate for both US and AUS (other countries too I imagine). Batteries of course went up as both models share the same accessories. It's a very unusual price increase.

What I don’t get is, I paid around $1800 US for the M2P with the fly more combo. Only to find out later that it doesn’t have the precision take off like my Mavic Air. Also found out about the sensor issue and line skipping. People that read many reviews before purchasing see this, only to find out the price of the drone has now increased. Won’t that hurt their sales? I hope DJI has some serious firmware fixes in the works. Just the absence of precision take off is a huge deal. My Mavic Air always landed within inches of its take off point. My M2P will land within a 5’ to 8’ radius of its take off point. I’m no expert on business practices and marketing but wouldn’t make more sense to correct these issues before raising the price?

That or be up front that it has missing features that are in the works to be implemented but enjoy it now while you wait. It's still a good system.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philip Chura