DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro - price increase!

member: 37790 said:
I can't help but laugh at everyone that was saying that they are going to wait for the prices to go down! Hahaha! Suckers!

In the short term, you're right. But all products have a life cycle, and eventually the MP2 will start to be ho-hum because of the buzz about the New-New Mavic III and how great all the new features are!

Reactions: snoopx
No price increase in the UK just yet, maybe it becomes effective tomorrow (?) even though the fly more kit already has a higher price.
Just checked the price in Curry's / PC World and its the same as it has been from the start £1299 which strangely enough is approx 1699USD. Have those in the UK been paying the higher price all along?

Just checked the price in Curry's / PC World and its the same as it has been from the start £1299 which strangely enough is approx 1699USD. Have those in the UK been paying the higher price all along?
I believe they have, as has Europe and Australia. Don't forget that in the UK and Europe, in general, the quoted price does have the tax (20% VAT (Tax) in the UK for example) already included in the price, whereby the USA price is always quoted as before tax, and that added USA tax varies county to county and state to state. So when you compare the UK price to the USA price, you need to take out the 20% UK tax first, then you have a like for like price to compare to.

Reactions: snoopx
DJI just announce they are going to increase their price. You dont expect other retailers would jump in ahead of time and charge the higher price. That'd be bad PR. And those inventory they bought from DJI would be whatever the price they bought from DJI before the date of the price increase. If you plan to get one, buy now before the price increase rolls out to retailers. Don't complain when they eventually increase their price too and you missed out.

I believe they have, as has Europe and Australia. Don't forget that in the UK and Europe, in general, the quoted price does have the tax (20% VAT (Tax) in the UK for example) already included in the price, whereby the USA price is always quoted as before tax, and that added USA tax varies county to county and state to state. So when you compare the UK price to the USA price, you need to take out the 20% UK tax first, then you have a like for like price to compare to.
Thank you very much for that I did not know about the US tax system,.
Understood now, cheers I'm still putting many pennies in the piggy bank, as I really would like one

Thank you very much for that I did not know about the US tax system,.
Understood now, cheers I'm still putting many pennies in the piggy bank, as I really would like one
No problem, I think a lot of internationals on here do not fully understand the tax situation when they see the pricing. Now bear in mind that when you buy from the DJI store in the USA, and they ship to a different state than they are located, you would then not pay any tax, so that advertised price would be the end price that you pay. If, however you were to live where I live and bought it in your local shop, our tax to add to the price is 8%. I could drive ten miles away to a different city and there the tax is just 6.25% it is confusing when you are trying to compare prices, even state to state in the USA.

From what I read on Osita Twitter (if people can trust) he mention something about the reseller margin being too low, so DJI raise the price.

At least that's my interpretation of the Chinglish tweet. Make what you will of it.

OsitaLV on Twitter

View attachment 46814

Geez that was painful...
In the short term, you're right. But all products have a life cycle, and eventually the MP2 will start to be ho-hum because of the buzz about the New-New Mavic III and how great all the new features are!

Well, I hear there are deal's on the Phantom 3...

I mean if you're willing to wait that long...

Business like DJI don't "eat" their costs. They pass them to the clients.

It's obvious, for all of us, living in areas, outside US. We pay 30% to 50% higher, for the same products, because of the higher taxes and higher transportation costs. And of course, DJI doesn't eat them.

Every reason for their price rising, should be known to them, before launching the new Mavics, some days ago.
In business, raising the prices a few days after launching of a new product, is NOT good, and it gives the message of very poor organized marketing policies.

I'm sure, they will pay the price for this, even if it will be eliminated, because they are a monopoly.

UK price is now £1349 on the DJI store. I expect other retailers will follow suit soon enough, so get in while you can!

Fortunately I got mine from Curry's on Friday for £1299, and also located a Fly More Kit for the original £279 price at Jessops (it's now £339 on DJI site).

UK price is now £1349 on the DJI store. I expect other retailers will follow suit soon enough, so get in while you can!

Fortunately I got mine from Curry's on Friday for £1299, and also located a Fly More Kit for the original £279 price at Jessops (it's now £339 on DJI site).
I've just ordered a MP2 from jessops as currys are once again out of stock I got the fly more kit a few days ago also from jessops ,but online, so I've been lucky enough to get both at the original price.
It really doesn't seem as though there is enough stock ordered at currys, this is the 3rd time they've been sold out
I totally agree with you that the new stock will be at the higher price when they get them in.

I'm seriously considering buying the two fly more kits I'm currently looking at a Best Buy store for $319 plus my 10% discount... About $600 would put me into 4 batteries and the rest of that stuff...hmmmm....

Business like DJI don't "eat" their costs. They pass them to the clients.

It's obvious, for all of us, living in areas, outside US. We pay 30% to 50% higher, for the same products, because of the higher taxes and higher transportation costs. And of course, DJI doesn't eat them.

Every reason for their price rising, should be known to them, before launching the new Mavics, some days ago.
In business, raising the prices a few days after launching of a new product, is NOT good, and it gives the message of very poor organized marketing policies.

I'm sure, they will pay the price for this, even if it will be eliminated, because they are a monopoly.

I don't disagree that they should have been aware of this or if they were, they should have made this a promo price or something more marketing savvy. My main point is that this isn't "criminal" or "evil" or whatever it's being characterized as. It's strictly business and frankly they don't have to justify their prices to anyone. You can either buy or not buy. Some people would have purchased this drone at $3000 and some would still complain at $1000. I personally charge what the market will bear without apology to anyone. Apparently, some people think it's worth it since DJI can barely keep them in stock running 7 days a week/24 hours a day.

I don't disagree that they should have been aware of this or if they were, they should have made this a promo price or something more marketing savvy. My main point is that this isn't "criminal" or "evil" or whatever it's being characterized as. It's strictly business and frankly they don't have to justify their prices to anyone. You can either buy or not buy. Some people would have purchased this drone at $3000 and some would still complain at $1000. I personally charge what the market will bear without apology to anyone. Apparently, some people think it's worth it since DJI can barely keep them in stock running 7 days a week/24 hours a day.
Of course not criminal nor evil either. Just bad marketing policy.

Fans will continue to buy like crazy for weeks, not bothering about the price, anyway.

What I dont understand with the price increase is why so disproportionate. E.G in the USA a $50 price increase on the Mavic 2 Pro, in Australia a $200 increase.

$1449 -> $1499USD
$2299 -> $2499AUD

A simple currency conversion at todays rates shows $50USD to $79AUD, not $200.

Seems very unfair.

While this all makes sense, DJI set expectations for their customers with the initial price point. You probably wouldn't see people complaining about the 3.5% difference ($50 is a 3.5%), if it was priced that way when they launched it. The fly More kit is a whole other issue with a substantial increase of 19%.

I’m half kidding here, but maybe DJI is simply responding to all those wise guys who brag about sitting on the sidelines while the “beta buyers” test out the newest model - in this case, the M2P. Well, now there’s a price for riding in the rocking chair while the early buyers take all the risks.

By the way, the price hike doesn’t hurt those who are trying to sell their MPs. I saw a add today for a MP where the seller actually highlighted the price hike. Smart.

Ray Jay

Reactions: radman
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan