DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro - price increase!

I live in Aus, and I can tell you we get reamed, because we are still willing to pay for expensive things, 'small population', 'high national income' etc

Maybe...I've never lived in Aus but I've lived in Europe and the level of regulation, taxes, fees, etc.

Just a thought - is this not related to the trump vs Chinese trade war tariff hikes ?
Let's say for argument that it is...Did his tax cuts add more than $130 to your yearly take home pay? If so, then it really doesn't matter does it? Conservatives refer to that as "math". Try it.

Reactions: Kingram
Let's say for argument that it is...Did his tax cuts add more than $130 to your yearly take home pay? If so, then it really doesn't matter does it? Conservatives refer to that as "math". Try it.

The tax cuts added about $2500 to my annual take home pay. American tariffs aren't going to affect prices worldwide anymore than the ridiculous taxes and regulations in Europe affect our prices on Chinese goods.

Trust me, if DJI could use Trump as an excuse, they would do so happily. The level of bad press they are getting over this is amazing!

looks like tariffs has hit the drone market but if if i keep repeating ''tariffs is a good idea'',in a few century's i may believe it----not!

Reactions: Cheech Wizard
unfortunately drones are not the only item hit for a price increase
add up soap,cars,candy,soy and thousands more items and that $130 tax cut gets eatin up quickly
yep math is wunderful

Reactions: Cheech Wizard
looks like tariffs has hit the drone market but if if i keep repeating ''tariffs is a good idea'',in a few century's i may believe it----not!

I don't like Trump but he's not wrong that other countries have tariffs on our goods. They tried to get them to lift theirs, they refused. We threatened, they laughed. So we imposed tariffs and they aren't laughing anymore.

What I want is totally free trade with no tariffs. Again, I don't like Trump but no one else had been able to do anything about this situation so I'm willing to give him a chance. Maybe instead of relying on China to make all of our goods, we will be forced to figure out a way to make them here at a competive price point. We'Il go back to making our own toys, paying a few cents more and they can go back to starving to death.

The tax cuts added about $2500 to my annual take home pay. American tariffs aren't going to affect prices worldwide anymore than the ridiculous taxes and regulations in Europe affect our prices on Chinese goods.

Trust me, if DJI could use Trump as an excuse, they would do so happily. The level of bad press they are getting over this is amazing!
They added a bit more to mine, the problem (as my accountant explained) is that over the next several years they will be phased out completely and still only favor the top 1%

T
I don't like Trump but he's not wrong that other countries have tariffs on our goods. They tried to get them to lift theirs, they refused. We threatened, they laughed. So we imposed tariffs and they aren't laughing anymore.

What I want is totally free trade with no tariffs. Again, I don't like Trump but no one else had been able to do anything about this situation so I'm willing to give him a chance. Maybe instead of relying on China to make all of our goods, we will be forced to figure out a way to make them here at a competive price point. We'Il go back to making our own toys, paying a few cents more and they can go back to starving to death.
Products made here are going to be more in dollars NOT cents. Too much drama with u.s. manufacturers. It’s always I want more money.

Dji's products are becoming more expensive in Europe, because of us new tarrifs?

Not very convincing explanation.

Not unusual to offer launch discount then remove it later,

yes, but they usually mention it as a discount, not a retail price, then surprise increase later.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929