DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 pro "Refresh Care concern"

Reactions
I purchased a new Mavic 2 Pro 6 days ago NIB from Best Buy. When I entered the S/N to check on pricing for the DJI Refresh options, I received the following:

1586530253098.png
From what I understand, the mavic pro 2 comes with a 12 month warranty, but not DJI Refresh. Why would the date on this "agreement number" show 12/23 as being the purchase date when I bought it on 4/3/2020 and have not paid for any service?
Is this drone pre-owned? Do they automatically come with 12 month DJI care refresh activated? This makes me believe that this was a pre-owned, pre-registered unit which is bothersome. Secondly, I want to make sure that I have insurance on it but according to this, it is already covered. Thank you in advance for any help and guidance here.

Looks like it was AC was "activated" (linked to a DJI account) before and maybe returned to Best Buy, was the boxed sealed or opened ?

The previous owner must have purchased DJI refresh on the 23/12

Did you activate the AC and link it to your DJI account ?

New M2's come with little clear sticky "seal" tabs on the arms, gimbal, and body, did your drone have those? If not, I'd consider returning it to Best Buy for replacement.

I purchased a new Mavic 2 Pro 6 days ago NIB from Best Buy. When I entered the S/N to check on pricing for the DJI Refresh options, I received the following:

View attachment 98349
From what I understand, the mavic pro 2 comes with a 12 month warranty, but not DJI Refresh. Why would the date on this "agreement number" show 12/23 as being the purchase date when I bought it on 4/3/2020 and have not paid for any service?
Is this drone pre-owned? Do they automatically come with 12 month DJI care refresh activated? This makes me believe that this was a pre-owned, pre-registered unit which is bothersome. Secondly, I want to make sure that I have insurance on it but according to this, it is already covered. Thank you in advance for any help and guidance here.
Take it back. Get a new one. You should not have gotten the screen you show with a new one.

Reactions: rbhineshunting
Definitely sketchy...

Be aware, before attempting to take it back in personally, look into BB return policy. Ive heard they charge 15% "restocking" fee.

BB has been getting worse with this type of shadiness. I mean we cant really know if this was only ever activated, then returned or used and abused, then returned.

NEW should be NEW, OPEN BOX should be sold as such!

Good luck

Definitely sketchy...

Be aware, before attempting to take it back in personally, look into BB return policy. Ive heard they charge 15% "restocking" fee.

BB has been getting worse with this type of shadiness. I mean we cant really know if this was only ever activated, then returned or used and abused, then returned.

NEW should be NEW, OPEN BOX should be sold as such!

Good luck
BB 15% restocking fee is only for non-defective drones to discourage free "rentals". If you allege any defect, they will refund or exchange, at your option, without any restocking fee, within the return period specified on your receipt.

Hey, this done already has Refresh prepaid by the original activator, with no prior claims, until Dec 22, 2020. That's 9 free months free of a $139 12 month Refresh policy! If it is otherwise in working order and appears new, why complain about 9 months of a free Refresh policy?

Reactions: fieldpivot
BB 15% restocking fee is only for non-defective drones to discourage free "rentals". If you allege any defect, they will refund or exchange, at your option, without any restocking fee, within the return period specified on your receipt.

Hey, this done already has Refresh prepaid by the original activator, with no prior claims, until Dec 22, 2020. That's 9 free months free of a $139 12 month Refresh policy! If it is otherwise in working order and appears new, why complain about 9 months of a free Refresh policy?

#hindsight

I wish I would have kept my mouth shut. ;)
At the end of the day, I want to make sure I am covered. I think I will be good. It's a pain in the butt to purchase it now that the 48hr window is gone, but I am definitely in.

#hindsight

I wish I would have kept my mouth shut. ;)
At the end of the day, I want to make sure I am covered. I think I will be good. It's a pain in the butt to purchase it now that the 48hr window is gone, but I am definitely in.
Indeed. As long as DJI honors the Refresh, and they should, as I believe it is transferable, even if they note a difference in names, as long as the drone is performing to your satisfaction, enjoy it!

Reactions: rbhineshunting
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom