DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 PRO - SlowMo video mode

freedisk

Reactions
Hi there,

It's about slowmo mode of the mavic2Pro in 1080P ...
What's the framerate of this mode ?
Did you try it out and did you correct the shutter speed accordingly ?
In post what was the speed reduction you applied ?

Shooting a 4'55 fly in slowmo mode, resulted as output of a 20"03 clip @30fps without me doing anything ... The 4"5s clip was viewvable on the dji Go APP and played at normal speed, but the resulting file on the SD card was the one mentionned clip of 20'03 @30fps

Thanks for feedback
Regards

Last edited:
Slow motion is achieved by recording at the highest FPS you can with your camera. At 1080 resolution, the M2Z supports 120FPS. In post you can choose to slow this down to 25% speed, (30FPS) to get really good quality 1/4 speed slow motion for an awesome effect. In Premiere Pro you simply tell the software what speed you want a clip to play, it's simple to adjust speed. You can speed it up, or slow it down. I always record at 60FPS when flying to include the option in post of using slow motion in scenes that would benefit the viewer, such as a bird flying by, a wave breaking, or bouncing jugs. :p

Last edited:
Slow motion is achieved by recording at the highest FPS you can with your camera. At 1080 resolution, the M2Z supports 120FPS. In post you can choose to slow this down to 25% speed, (30FPS) to get really good quality 1/4 speed slow motion for an awesome effect. In Premiere Pro you simply tell the software what speed you want a clip to play, it's simple to adjust speed. You can speed it up, or slow it down. I always record at 60FPS when flying to include the option in post of using slow motion in scenes that would benefit the viewer, such as a bird flying by, a wave breaking, or bouncing jugs. :p
HI, thanks for answer ..
As stated, shooting in "slowmo" mode on MV2P produced a clip of 3'55" viewable on the DJI go APP at normal speed, but resulting on SD card on a clip of 20'03" playing @30Fps when imported in premiere pro without touch anything ...I think this mode rec @120FPS but produce a clip at the end @30fps without touching anything...

When shooting @60FPS your clip is saved at this speed and so you can reduce the speed in premiere by modifiyng the clip speed ...
Do you shoot all your sequence @60fps anytime, or only when you think of making a slowmo and then stick back to a regular framerate for the rest of the shooting ...60fpt is consummuning twice as space on the card ...

Thanks for feedback

Regards

HI, thanks for answer ..
As stated, shooting in "slowmo" mode on MV2P produced a clip of 3'55" viewable on the DJI go APP at normal speed, but resulting on SD card on a clip of 20'03" playing @30Fps when imported in premiere pro without touch anything ...I think this mode rec @120FPS but produce a clip at the end @30fps without touching anything...

When shooting @60FPS your clip is saved at this speed and so you can reduce the speed in premiere by modifiyng the clip speed ...
Do you shoot all your sequence @60fps anytime, or only when you think of making a slowmo and then stick back to a regular framerate for the rest of the shooting ...60fpt is consummuning twice as space on the card ...

Thanks for feedback

Regards
Yes, I shoot @60FPS all the time @4K. I never know when I'll have a slow motion opportunity before I fly, so I always capture at 60fps. It does occupy more space, but that's not an issue in my case.

Very nice infos

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sikiruikhun