DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro Speed Run - 78.5 MPH

Some may call it a 'hack', but I look at it simply as a known modification to the AC firmware. Basically, using a certain earlier version of DJI Assistant 2, you are able to adjust and/or change certain peramiters, one of which is remapping the flight mode selector switch. The stock options are 'P', 'S', and 'T'. T is for Tripod Mode, and since you can also select this mode through DJI Go4 while flying, I opted to make the 'T' selection ATTI Mode.

Here is a link to a thread you may find helpful. Mavic 2 Atti mode

If you perform the mode and no longer want it, all you have to do is go back in and change it to stock, or simply refresh the firmware.

Interesting, was always reading how Mavic 2 doesn't support Atti mode out of the box but didn't know until now there is actually a workaround. Many thanks for sharing this info!

Reactions: Brockrock
I did the same thing today and was checking to see what was the top speed someone had gotten in ATTI. I flew out into the wind at a lower altitude and flew up to around 400ft just as the OP did. When I switched to Atti I let the wind carry it to 35mph in the direction of the wind and then gave it full throttle so I had at least a 35mph tailwind to start. I got to 73.5 and probably could have gotten more but I had already gone past my home point farther than I would have liked at that point. On the way back home I used Sport mode for the increased thrust and bank and went to a lower altitude again. Even then I slowed down to as little as 5mph a few times. I hand caught as well due to the wind. Anyone else done speed runs lately?

Besides having a little fun, Atti mode is a must for a serious pilot. Everyone should try it for those times when GPS signal is lost.

Reactions: Motorcycle Rider
I did the same thing today and was checking to see what was the top speed someone had gotten in ATTI. I flew out into the wind at a lower altitude and flew up to around 400ft just as the OP did. When I switched to Atti I let the wind carry it to 35mph in the direction of the wind and then gave it full throttle so I had at least a 35mph tailwind to start. I got to 73.5 and probably could have gotten more but I had already gone past my home point farther than I would have liked at that point. On the way back home I used Sport mode for the increased thrust and bank and went to a lower altitude again. Even then I slowed down to as little as 5mph a few times. I hand caught as well due to the wind. Anyone else done speed runs lately?

Besides having a little fun, Atti mode is a must for a serious pilot. Everyone should try it for those times when GPS signal is lost.
Hey, good job! I was the OP of this thread. I have since loaded the latest firmware on my Mavic 2 Pro (many months ago actually), and of course lost the ATTI mod, and I have heard that the latest firmware does not allow for the mod. I have not verified this either way though. But good fun brother...you're seeing what the tech can do, and doing it smartly. Enjoy!

Hey, good job! I was the OP of this thread. I have since loaded the latest firmware on my Mavic 2 Pro (many months ago actually), and of course lost the ATTI mod, and I have heard that the latest firmware does not allow for the mod. I have not verified this either way though. But good fun brother...you're seeing what the tech can do, and doing it smartly. Enjoy!
Thanks! I’m running the recent firmware as well, I just remapped the parameters.

Thanks! I’m running the recent firmware as well, I just remapped the parameters.
Ok. Good to know. I'll be back in the game then, should the conditions be ideal.

The winds were fairly strong in my area yesterday afternoon, and I could not resist doing several speed runs with my M2P. Each outbound flight, I stayed low over the water - directly into the wind - until approximately one mile away, and then I performed a climbing turn towards home followed by switching to ATTI Mode. Included are Screen Recordings to show telemetry, and all of the flight clips are in real time. The fastest speed I reached was 78.5 MPH, which is also what is reported as Top Speed in GO4... For me, it's a personal best.

If you are not familiar with GO4, when the Screen Recordings show, the UAV speed is shown in MPH on the lower left. I am also aware that my camera settings were not ideal as I used Auto without an ND Filter, but these flights were all about speed.

Pfftt A good Texas twister will get you over 220 mph ! !

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JReynolds078