DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro Videos Problems

khmphoto

Reactions
I just started shooting video with a Mavic 2 Pro. When I downloaded the files to my MacBook Pro, some of the video files are readable and some are not. I did not change any settings while recording. This problem is happening with files stored on the internal storage as well as on the card. When I look at the files in Finder on the Mac, the playable ones will have a thumbnail, size, duration and date in the file info. The files that will not playback have all the same exact info but the thumbnail is missing. I am shooting everything .mov. When I try to playback the problematic ones in either Premiere Pro or even iMovie, the screen is black and but the timer/duration works. Any thoughts?

Something similar to that happens to me when I interfere with the downloading process from the SD card to my MacBook Pro. If I close the lid, for instance, thinking that I am done, I only get blank video icons. Have learned to be more patient and wait for the full videos to copy over to the Mac.

I just started shooting video with a Mavic 2 Pro. When I downloaded the files to my MacBook Pro, some of the video files are readable and some are not. I did not change any settings while recording. This problem is happening with files stored on the internal storage as well as on the card. When I look at the files in Finder on the Mac, the playable ones will have a thumbnail, size, duration and date in the file info. The files that will not playback have all the same exact info but the thumbnail is missing. I am shooting everything .mov. When I try to playback the problematic ones in either Premiere Pro or even iMovie, the screen is black and but the timer/duration works. Any thoughts?
How are you downloading? Putting Bird’s SD card into card reader, the putting that into your Mac?

Are the non-readable files the last ones recorded in the session? If the drone is still recording when it's powered down it will result in a corrupted video file.

I was going to point that out.
The AC should fix the file on next power on of the AC, but if the SD was swapped, it can't. It might fix it if the SD card is put back with the unfinalized video file, even after having moved on to other cards.

If the AC won't fix it and that's the problem, there's a process to fix the file. A bit laborious though.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeoTony