DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 pro vs air 2s vs mini 3 pro for professional photography

Hi

Sorry if this has been asked before but. Here's a question for professional photographers/videographers who have/still use any or all of the following for professional work.

Mavic 2 pro, air 2s and mini 3 pro.

In the context of professional quality photos and videos. Which is better? I want to get into drone photography/videography but don't want to break the bank but want something to be able to cut my teeth bit still end up with results that would be saleable.

I've decided that 20mp is a bare minimum. AEB is a must. HDR HLG is a must. I know the mini 3 pro has AEB bit only in 12mp and apparently the 48mp setting on the mini 3 pro introduces a load of noise so, I guess my real question is.... If you pros had only two options (M2P and A2S) what one would you choose and why? PS I'm not bothered about legislation in the UK because I'm prepared to get the CofC cert.
Honestly all three can take professional grade shots if you know the fundamentals of photography and know how to shoot in manual mode and do proper post.

Honestly all three can take professional grade shots if you know the fundamentals of photography and know how to shoot in manual mode and do proper post.
Some of the iconic photo's of the 20th century were taken using box-brownies and palm sized Leica's. One well known pro photographer (forget his name.... but it'll come to me eventually) proved that size doesn't matter when he set himself a challenge to take saleable 'professional' shots using one of the Kodak 35mm fixed focus disposable cameras. And he succeeded. When someone asked what the most important feature of a pro camera was: he said "... The viewfinder..."
We all seem obsessed with specs, megapixels and the exposure triangle when at least two thirds of the drones used by people on this forum have an exposure straight line.... shutter speed, ISO... and bugger-all else. Even the drones WITH a variable aperture only adjust between f/2.8 and f/11, which compared to 'professional' digital cameras is negligible.

And he succeeded. When someone asked what the most important feature of a pro camera was: he said, "... The viewfinder..."

A funny thing... we obsess and argue over objective measures of camera performance, not without plenty of justification. Yet, viewing, well, anything is enormously subjective.

It's amazing what the mind fails to "see" when something in its entirety is so beautiful, stunning, or, awful. Beauty masks imperfections to the consciousness.

An amazing image will be judged to be amazing by most people... they won't sit there pointing out lack of detail in shadows. They won't even see it.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roger-N