DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro + White Goggles = No Range Issues

anom3

Reactions
Hi.

Thought I would share as I have not been able to find a direct confirmation posted on here or DJIs forum.

There have been multiple reports of range issues with the M2P/M2Z + Goggles RE (Race Edition).

I do not own a pair of RE goggles, but do own a pair of white "standard" goggles.

Having just bought my M2P 2 days ago I was unsure if I would suffer some of the issues people have been reporting with the range to the goggles being horrible.

I can now confirm, partially anyways, that is not the case.

I live in a EU (CE) country, so my range is even lower then "normal" but I was able to fly about 2.5km without any range issues on the goggles today. Open terrain (farm fields) so interference was very low. Also was flying in 720p30 live view as I like to record in 4K. Turned around at 2.5km as this was my 3rd flight with the M2P (long time pilot though, including the MP).

So at least with my M2P + White Goggles, I have not noticed any range issues. There were a few dropped frames here and there, but no connection loss or anything of that sort.

Last edited:
This is good to hear. I have my eyes on getting some goggles as soon as my wife gets over the sticker shock from me buying the M2P.

There have been reports of good and bad with both versions, but there is no clear data about what causes what.

It would be great to get more data points. Anyone out there that has the DJI goggles (either version) with the M2 willing to comment?

Works great for me in the us. I got my white pair from a classified local site from someone who didn't like them for $200. Perfect condition as well.

The limited distance issue is only with the M2's and the "RE" racing version of the goggles. The problem has still not been fixed and DJI has pretty much gone silent on the issue.

Reactions: droneduder
I'm wondering if it turned out to be a hardware issue and not something they can fix in the firmware. Being that the problem does not exist on the Mavic Pro or Platinum and just the new Mavic 2's, my guess is the hardware problem is in the drone and that would be a very expensive recall to fix....
Who knows but hopefully they can get it sorted out. There are alot of people out there stuck with them at the moment.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sikiruikhun