DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro Won't Land!

gbrown808

Reactions
My drone is currently completely useless as I cannot get it to land safely! I have had this issue for some time now but I've always been able to get it to go low enough to catch it out of the air and flip it over. In my efforts to fix it, I just updated all the firmware and used the DJI Assistant app to calibrate its sensors. I just took it out in the back yard for a test flight and after takeoff it immediately started slowly ascending without me touching the sticks. I had to hold the left stick down constantly and that kept it hovering about 10 feet up, just out of reach. This went on until the battery reached critical level and died enough that the props slowed down and it got low enough that I could catch it, but when I flipped it over the props still refused to turn off! After about 30 seconds the battery must have fully died and the props stopped. I'm at my wits end with this thing, hoping someone can help!

Here is the flight record, hopefully I did this right: DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

Any difference after calibrating the IMU like this?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Cafguy
I would do the IMU thing at the very start. Somehow your drone does not know what is level. If it did the Moron setting would have cut the motors as soon as you went past that settings angle.

Suspect that something is going on with the barometric sensor... it's value (IMU Altitude) is slowly drifting in the negative direction (down) & the height is - 330ft in the end of the log.

This makes the Flight controller trying to compensate, this results in a slow ascent.

1725700375557.png

Last edited:
My drone is currently completely useless as I cannot get it to land safely! I have had this issue for some time now but I've always been able to get it to go low enough to catch it out of the air and flip it over. In my efforts to fix it, I just updated all the firmware and used the DJI Assistant app to calibrate its sensors. I just took it out in the back yard for a test flight and after takeoff it immediately started slowly ascending without me touching the sticks. I had to hold the left stick down constantly and that kept it hovering about 10 feet up, just out of reach. This went on until the battery reached critical level and died enough that the props slowed down and it got low enough that I could catch it, but when I flipped it over the props still refused to turn off! After about 30 seconds the battery must have fully died and the props stopped. I'm at my wits end with this thing, hoping someone can help!

Here is the flight record, hopefully I did this right: DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com
Have you thought of calling DJI or sending it in?
Dale
Miami

Reactions: Nanny Ogg
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GrayWaterOps