DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 pro Zoom specs - vs - actual

Smartypants2

Reactions
I continue to learn my drone as I am enjoying flying it. The specs say I can fly up to 45mph , well even in sport mode with no wind the fastest my drone has flown is 31.8 mph ?? The max distance specs say is 11 miles , the furthest I have been able to fly was 9,797 ft. My top altitude has been 3,867 ft. Does all of my experience seem correct ? Any thoughts or advice ? Thanks in advance , Marty

You're going to get lambasted here for flying to almost 4,000 feet. You might want to be ready for that.

Yes and No, Max distance is 8km line of sight, nothing in the way such as trees etc blocking the signal. Max speed of 31.8 MPH sounds like you are still in P mode, did the top bar of the DJI Go 4 app say "SPORT MODE"? or are you going by the switch position ? Top altitude in my experience is the maximum height above sea level that you have recorded as a home point not maximum altitude above home point.

Reactions: Pilot Pata
Distance also depends on what country you are in and your surroundings, not sure where you got 11 miles from, say 8km on the front of my box.

When I click on flight record my information read as follows:
Experience points 17,799
Flight total time 4hr 28 min
Travel distance 75,338 ft
Flight times 67
Footprints USA
Top distance 9,797 ft
Top altitude 3,868.6 ft
(I believe this is while in the mountains, trying to fly but never got off ground)

Another thought about your max speed. You can not take off in sport mode, even though the switch is in sport mode the Air Craft will
default to P mode on take off and will stay in P mode until you switch to P mode and then back to sport mode.

Reactions: Smartypants2
Devisger
I tried taking off and switching from p to s mode
Still max speed at 3mph
(My control did say when I was in s mode that my intelligence mode was disabled)
Any thoughts ANYONE ?

In DJI GO 4 app Under Main controller settings make sure you have Multiple Flight modes turned on while connected to Air Craft.
If you did an update recently your settings will be reset, just looked at mine and I see it is turned off after I updated recently.

The ironic thing about that setting, at least in the past: having IFM disabled prevents sport or tripod mode, but doesn't appear to prevent any of the specialty modes selected from the app.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead