DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 says Gps ready, only hovers

Alotofbigtoys

Reactions
I know this has been seen before. New m2 , smart controller, only hovers in place,lands with swpe. Installed Nfz from Nld. Says ready to go. I don't get it. Calibrated Imu, also had to change sd card, got error with different card that attitude not connect w imu. That's fixed,still won't fly with stick control

This is a a common problem? I was going to do the patch but I have only the smart controller and I am worried that I will suffer the same fate.
You can't patch the smart controller, only regular one. It flies fine now with regular controller. Was getting attitude imu problem not letting it fly. Had bad sd card I guess, changed it, calibrated imu and it works only with regular remote on 0100 software via the NLD app

Reactions: Thomas B
mike from accelerated heights told me I wouldn’t have to do anything with the smart controller and it would work. What you’re saying is NLD won’t work with smart controller? I bought my mavic with smart controller so I don’t have a regular RC
I know Mike Barrington personally and he has no answer. I have spoken personally to him about it. Im still tinkering around this and hope I can solve it. It may be fine for others. I know you can't downgrade software on the smart controller. Im also wondering what is allowing my regular controller to fly the M2 with NLD SOFTWARE WITH No problems, and the SC says Gps ready to go in green and won't stick control, only swiping. Can't move the Hasslebad either with Sc while in its hover.
What's interesting is my brand new M2 wouldn't fly with corrupted memory card. Once I changed it, the Imu calibration worked and flew with regular controller. Im still waiting on extreme pro micro sd card,as the one in the M2 now says it's too slow. Im wondering if that's having an impact..

PROBLEM FIXED!!
Ok, remember when I said this was a brand new mavic 2? Apparently it has to do with the memory card. I put another memory card in, brand new one, still not the pro card im waiting on,She now flies great with Smart controller and regular controller. What I want to know is, only on my new Mavic 2 does this happen with. I have an older one with 0400 update that works without a card. I don't get it,but it's fixed and flying fine...
Also want to give Mike Barrington from Accelerated Heights a shout out for doing a great antenna mod for me with the SR 4hawks on my regular Mavic pro..the difference is amazing!

also I may add I did make the smart controller the master controller so that was not causing the problem. All I know is took the whole weekend to finally put the bird in the air, with the nolimitdrones software she is working great!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78