DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 stunts & flips???

michaelz850

Reactions
Who here knows how to perform stunts and flips with a Mavic 2? Not sure how to make my drone do a flip but I’m curious as my son has a cheap little $60 drone and he can make it flip while flying or just hovering!

He’s 6 years old so of course he’s bragging that his drone can do this and daddy’s expensive $1400 drone can’t!

Maybe I’m just to scared of destroying a thousand dollar plus drone versus a $60 drone, lol anyways just curious if anyone has any ideas or suggestions on how to do stunts, my sons drone has a “Stunt Button” before anyone asks how he does his flips .

Who here knows how to perform stunts and flips with a Mavic 2? Not sure how to make my drone do a flip but I’m curious as my son has a cheap little $60 drone and he can make it flip while flying or just hovering!

He’s 6 years old so of course he’s bragging that his drone can do this and daddy’s expensive $1400 drone can’t!

Maybe I’m just to scared of destroying a thousand dollar plus drone versus a $60 drone, lol anyways just curious if anyone has any ideas or suggestions on how to do stunts, my sons drone has a “Stunt Button” before anyone asks how he does his flips .

Simple answer. Ask him if his $60 drone has an intelligent battery, return to home, 25 minutes flight time, can take 4k video or stills, can hover and land within inches of where it took off from?

BTW, tell him nobody likes him! That will usually stop a 6 year old in his tracks.

Just to be clear, the Mavics are not designed to do anything like that. Now I did mow the lawn with mine but it was not planned.

I saw a very old Mr. Steele video where he hacks a phantom to have acro mode, so not sure if anything like that is possible on a Mavic, I'm sure it is if you're feeling dangerous. Although the DJI motors are designed for efficiency, not power- so it would be difficult to control. Do you have any experience flying acro/full manual control on a racing drone? It's a completely different ball game. A tight flip like the one your son's drone is doing would probably look not too impressive on camera, and not worth the risks. I'd say let him have this victory and if you want to impress him then build an acro/racing drone!

Reactions: Former Member
The Mavic 2 was created for the purpose of taking photos and video. It cannot perform stunts and/or do flips.

If you're looking for a stunt drone with a DJI flight controller, check out the Tello.

It was definitely possible with Mavic 1. There was a setting to change that put mavic in manual/acro mode via DJI assistant. Probably possible for mavic 2 too, but you would need to remove gimbal, as flips could damage it. And flying without camera would be more difficult, so probably not worth the attempt.

you might want to be carefully and not do that trick with the MP2 because of the camera gimbal. This drone was not built to do that.

I owe a much smaller drone that looks like the mavic (cost me 25.00), It flies greater indoors, outside (100 ft away), it has a camera, controller, you can used your phone if you want too, or just the controller, and it does flips.

I owe two of these drones:

Eachine E58 RC Quadcopter Spare Parts Propeller/Axis Arms/Cover/Motor/Bag Case

it is the generic version of the DJI Mavic (from china), does not have all of the features of the Mavic, but it flies great. be carefully there are individuals out there selling this drone for 99.00 dollars. a big markup.

I also purchase spare parts for this drone very cheap(bag of screws for this drone 2.99, motors, blades, guards, less than 2.00

very cheap.. several individuals and company on the internet are purchasing this drone very cheap from china, and is marking this drone up, and making a big profit. (do you really blame them_

I ordered mine from here:
Eachine E58 WIFI FPV With 2MP Wide Angle Camera High Hold Mode Foldable RC Drone Quadcopter RTF

looks like the price went up a little, I did order mines while it was on a sale.

Why would you need to do that with your Mavic 2 anyway? These are serious filmind aircraft not stunt toys.

It would be like owning a 7 series BMW and asking where is the button to turn it into an off road hill climbing 4 wheeler. It is simply not a car designed for that.

There is only one vehicle that can be used as a luxury car one minute and at a whim, used and abused as an off road, 4-wheeler type, hill climbing vehicle, and that car is called, a Rental Car (when nobody is looking)!

Last edited:
Why would you need to do that with your Mavic 2 anyway? These are serious filmind aircraft not stunt toys.

It would be like owning a 7 series BMW and asking where is the button to turn it into an off road hill climbing 4 wheeler. It is simply not a car designed for that.

There is only one vehicle that can be used as a luxury car one minute and at a whim, used and abused as an off road, 4-wheeler type, hill climbing vehicle, and that car is called, a Rental Car (when nobody is looking)!

Those rental cars go ANYWHERE!!!

Reactions: crlmjohnson

LOL!

• Haha
Reactions: SkyFlier

I don’t plan on doing any tricks I was just curious, I’m happy with the results of just flying around and having a birds eye view of my beautiful home town beaches.

I use my iPad to view my flights and take pictures and videos, it’s amazing how good it looks with a bigger screen, I will Be purchasing the DJI goggles soon, I only asked about the tricks because DJI sells the racing goggles and a friend of mine has the original Mavic and flips his like a pro!

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme