DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Tablet Holder (Holds your tablet on top)

That looks exactly what I'm after - is this available in the UK?

Cheers

You mean in back. You don't want them in front, tablet will block the signal.

No Dan I meant what I said the antennas are in front of the iPad. The iPad is in front of me and the antennas are if front of that. Kinda logical really. Love the forum and contributing and learning, don’t like the pettiness and/or folk that want to police others, just a general comment and not directed at anyone :)

Actually I’m wondering if the position or the iPad/ antennas may help connection/ distance as perhaps the iPad may act as “dish” to increase and direct the signal.
Time will tell .

I received a very similar mount in my 2 battery zoom bundle. I tried it a couple of times and it worked ok? I thought it was difficult to tighten all the hinges enough so it wouldn't move. In my opinion it seemed flimsy. In the end I bought a Mav Mount.

I know I used it when I got it but this morning to take pictures I could not get it to fit? Here are a couple of pictures of mine. Looks the same? I hope it works out for those of you interested.

IMG_20181102_080950518.jpg

and here is the markings on mine.

IMG_20181102_081316606.jpg

Looks v similar Thealien. Also like the one I use. The other thing I like is that it fits over the rc rather than in the slots for a phone in the handles.

Can you leave the mount attached and close the arms of the r/c? This would be very useful is so.

Looks v similar Thealien. Also like the one I use. The other thing I like is that it fits over the rc rather than in the slots for a phone in the handles. Personally I don't like how the buttons become harder (my opinion) to access with the bracket around the controller?

Can you leave the mount attached and close the arms of the r/c? This would be very useful is so.

As I posted earlier mine no longer fits? It seems to have shrunk enough it no longer fits? You would be able to close the arms of the controller just not 100%?

I found it prevents downward and sometimes right movement of the 5D button. May also be blocking ventilation holes in the front.

Thx dan .. 5d was something I wondered about.. had not considered vents

I found it prevents downward and sometimes right movement of the 5D button. May also be blocking ventilation holes in the front.

I concur DanMan32, but personally (and this is just me) I don't find that I use the 5D button much in practice but I'm sure others do. In any case, I'm sure that many would be happy with the mount. I think it certainly holds the tablet at a useful angle without blocking the antennas, and it seems pretty sturdy but I've only got an iPad Mini 4 to test with. Here's some photos of mine set up for use:

20181103_150358.jpg20181103_150308.jpg20181103_150330.jpg

I have the new 10 inch iPad Pro, the description on Amazon say smaller than 10 Inch. DOES this unit hold the 10 inch iPad?

I used it today in the field and other than obstructing the 5D button, found it quite good. The remote is out of balance, but whether the tablet is in front or in back, it's just going to be that way unless you put a counterweight in the phone holder. However when using the lanyard, that takes at least some of the weight off the remote. Most lanyards are too long for me as I have a very short upper body, but I was able set the length of this one OK. Perhaps I can use the skycreate tablet mount that I had been using as a counterweight or make it into an armrest.
I don't use the 5D all that often either, but i have left for -EV, and right for +EV, and somehow bumped it to at least one EV in the minus direction. Normally if I realize this, I'll use the 5D to increase it back to 0 EV, but that wasn't possible.

It might not be feasible, but it would be nice if it could be designed where the part that clamps around the remote could flatten when not in use.

I mentioned that the vent holes in the front seem to be blocked. It could be me but it seemed the remote got a bit warmer than usual on the left side.

Otherwise it is excellent.

can someone with this mount please check if you can fully close the rc arms when the mount is connected as I use a rc Tray and need both arms closed thanks for any help

can someone with this mount please check if you can fully close the rc arms when the mount is connected as I use a rc Tray and need both arms closed thanks for any help

The arms don’t fully close.

Does anyone know if it is compatible with RC of Mavic Pro 1 ?
Thanks

Got a tablet holder in! It is similar to the Mavic 1 Tablet holder but fits on top!

Try it here: https://www.amazon.com/Fstop-Remote...74&keywords=mavic+2+accessories+tablet+holder

View attachment 51955View attachment 51954
I got this for Christmas for my M2P, but had to return it. I was not able to use the 5D button. It would not click down or to the right because it was hitting on the plastic frame. Also, my iPad made the controller hard to hold and control as it made it very back heavy. It looked nice online but not a good experience for my needs.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacjes