DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 wants a compass calibration 30 days after last one

See the posts above.

I don’t think I’m blind and I’m using a phone so I can’t do a search from a PC, but all I see our compass and distance fields, nothing about time so Bud, SAR, would you mind posting a line or two for the date data entries? TIA. If I did miss them in posts above, my sincere apologies.

I don’t think I’m blind
Sorry -- didn't mean for you to think I was trying to take a stab at you (that's not my game). I was simply suggesting you look above since that information has already been shared.

The DJI Assistant 2 will produce a file that looks something like DJI_ASSISTANT_EXPORT_FILE_2018-09-01_18-04-59.DAT. It is compressed but it's a zlib compression scheme - not the same as a .zip file. You can use ExtractDJI which comes bundled with DatCon or CsvView to decompress this file. If there are any "real" .DATs inside the compressed file then ExtractDJI extracts them. Both DatCon and CsvView will use ExtractDJI to decompress one of these files.

With the Mavic Air and Mavic 2 the "real" .DAT is encrypted before it gets compressed. So ExtractDJI will be producing the encrypted .DAT. Also, the Mavic 2 requires a different version of DJI Assistant 2 called DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic 2". There are a few extra steps to retrieving the "real" .DAT files - but is hardly matters since they are encrypted.

Good information. Incidentally, there's no "DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic 2", only "DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic" but you do need to be sure you have at least version 2.0.0. I had completely uninstalled all previous versions of Assistant and installed the one obtained from the Download section of Mavic 2 at DJI.com.
If the individual files have been successfully extracted from the compressed file containing the bundle, then I will accept that actual DAT files are indeed encrypted.
By the way, I had posted a separate topic about failures to retrieve log files. I at first thought it was an incompatibility problem between M2 and Assistant 2 as nobody specifically said it worked for them. I discovered it was a network issue with either the USB nework driver failing, or Windows Firewall interfering.

Reactions: BudWalker
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rle